Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
School is canceled tomorrow. Husband is working from home. I've put in orders for more dog and cat food and stocked up on the goat and poultry stuff. Don't look at the stock market for the next little while. It's terrible, as previously mentioned.

I'm glad we always have plenty of TP and hand sanitizer because it looks like the whole world out there is getting ready for a massive case of norovirus instead of coronavirus.

Here's the CDC's reporting page. We're up to 101-200 in Massachusetts.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

This is also happening here. Scary. The state is denying doctors and therefore patients tests as they begin to see themselves running out in the near future.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03...unts-coronavirus-response-boston-doctors-say/

Honestly we just need to stay home and slow the spread until the hospitals are more ready to give supportive care to those who need it. Me and my family should be fine-we're young-but we have friends we care for that aren't and I'm very worried for them.
I think we are locking down here and having a staycation for as long as the state will allow me to keep my kid home (so far it's only tomorrow so they can "deep clean" and they notified all parents in the district that if we keep our kids home at our discretion not under the department of health's instruction we must withdraw our kids from school and begin a homeschool curriculum as per state law, lol).

We might walk around in the woods and do some trails in the woods behind our house with the dog if the coyotes aren't in the immediate area as the kids are already bouncing off the walls but that is as public as I'd like it to be in the near future.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven If your interested in homeschopling there alot of really good marterial out there. Plus it's alot of fun if you ask me some days are horrid through so warning ahead of time. Those days are either fight days or surrender and move on days. There are a few of us on here that homeschool if you decide to go for it we would like to help if we can.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, my kid doesn't have the disposition for it. I really wish he did, but he needs mass peer pressure to remember to be a decent human being as opposed to a forever 2 monster and we, his family, don't cut it as people to him. His younger brother might excel in homeschool, but until I get really, really mad at the over-reaching, micromanaging fathead (minnows, because calling names is mean) officials I'd like to save the homeschooling option for a later-maybe when kid 2 is a little older.

I was a homeschool kid as my family moved around. I graduated top of my class through a correspondence school and got my accredited diploma and went to college, but while I was homeschooling, I saw it done well, I saw it done poorly, and I saw some kids and/or parents just couldn't cut it. The right combination of people and factors are necessary and I don't think he/we have that in our team.

But, oh my gosh, this place is starting to push my buttons. Lol, don't ever tell me I can't keep my kid home when it's a question of his and our family's health, lol. That is probably why they canceled school friday an hour after the email was sent out. I'm willing to bet some angry parents called up in decent numbers and made a HUGE fuss...as huge of a fuss as I wanted to, except I was out feeding ducks and bitterly contemplating moving. (eat those pellets, duck minions, eat those...stupid pompous school officials, nom, nom, nom).

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No TP anywhere. Maybe I should invest in a bidet? Some schools up north are canceling classes for several weeks and the governor has asked no get togethers of more than 100 people. So far we have 3 cases up north and fortunately none down here yet. I think the biggest risk to us is my wife, she works at a restaurant right on I-15 that sees a lot of customers from out of state. But so far so good. I’ve stated elsewhere my biggest concern is how this will affect people in agriculture who have to quarantine. Most of the farmers and ranchers I know Only have a small portion of their land and animals by their home and need to travel 1-30 miles til get to the rest. What happens in those situations? I drive 40 miles to my pig barn, and a friends cows are out there calving right now, what about them?

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I vote yes on the bidet! I think ours was only $30 a few years ago. It's probably up with current events, but eventually it may go down in price.

The engineer in me wants to test this on my kids. If we ever had more kids I could pick it up and use it on cloth diapers or tiny bums too.
https://badicalindustries.wordpress...det-install-a-kitchen-sprayer-in-your-toilet/

...or for enforcement when kids refuse to get out of the bathtub...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our daughter and son in law are 2 hours from home! They went to Aruba, we were getting worried that they would get caught up in a quarantine mess.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Interesting new development. I don’t know how it will be for people of other denominations but our church just suspended all meetings for the forseeable future.

That's pretty sad. You'd think churches would increase meetings, considering the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.