Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our faith isn't in our ward buildings and meetings. It's in our hearts. We can practice most of our faith at home. No need to up the chance that the older or at risk congregation members get it from there and wind up in serious peril. Plus, we are assigned other people and families in the ward to talk to and look out for in rough times. We are far from cut off from church. I still feel cared for.

...come to think of it I should probably go check up on MY assigned families. One had a father stationed overseas, the other was already dealing with stuff.

My siblings were all going to gather in Nashville. I wasn't going but that's off now. No getting stuck somewhere!

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
School has been cancelled for three weeks for pre-12.
All the stores are about empty tp is gone milk is gone any kind of sanitizer is gone. All the college kids are sent home for two weeks. My son is in 1st and he has to do online work for the next three weeks then he has spring break for a week my daughter's pre School is closed . They are talking about state wide shut down except for medical offices/ hospitals and grocery stores. We wanna know who's paying the bills if we can't work for 2-3 weeks.

I'm gonna stock up on cracked corn for feed and maybe get some more hay. We did a quick check we have enough food for two months and enough of a dog and enough rounds to keep it if it comes to that.

Government don't want people in groups bigger than 100. So church might be cancelled.

By the way I think it is a joke or scam or something. I don't know what. But I don't panic. And this is pissing me off. It better be something if nothing happens I know a lot of mad people.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m not in a panic, maybe because we are always pretty much stocked up anyway. I do need Feed though. Bad time to have 2 feeder pigs and 50 Cornish Cross chicks. LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure why the run on TP?(pun intended) No symptoms of diarrhea have been listed....

I was told, by an employee who had asked buyers, many were making face masks....so, needed more for that. IDK That & some tape could be fashioned into that. Only thing I've heard. But, yes, TP is going out the door fast as sanitizers! LOL

As to the virus, yep, a strong flu which can be hard for older or anyone with a weak immune system. Lot of those out there! And I will say that the "talk" among buyers has been about precaution with washing all items that are being advised to do.

Personally I am well stocked with everything most mention for sanitation, first aid, etc. Animal feed will be replenished tomorrow on normal schedule. I will add some extra in case any of the future shipments get held with down time at any factories, truckers, etc. Here, in another month, the grasses will be plentiful and most feed needs will drop dramatically for 6-7 months. Plus, I have farmers who will sell feed if I need it.

Freezers are full, canned goods plentiful, staples in good supply. I can make good bread & biscuits. Five goats in milk -- lots of milk, cheese, butter, cream -- hens laying way more than we need. Enough seed to grow plenty for family and entire neighborhood, actually....and animals, too.

Precautions are taken. I'm sure not panicking. I am more concerned about the trickle down if enough job situations close, stores with no stock shut down, etc...and how people will manage with/for that. Not everyone has enough food in house for more than a week or so, sadly. Some things will have more effect than the virus. Any on prescriptions may be in real trouble.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, last week I ordered more animal feed all around. Wondering now if I should buy extra. Went out and stocked up on half and half and coffee. I’m going to make thieves oil spray and wipes for sanitation purposes.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see grocery stores or pharmacies closing. I have a little more than normal, but the grass is growing for the cattle already and I am taking them off of winter feed already anyway. My wife has CLL, a slow growth leukemia. We are vigilant anyway about cleanliness. Honestly it seems like she gets less than I do. We have our 1st case in our area.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I was told, by an employee who had asked buyers, many were making face masks....so, needed more for that. IDK That & some tape could be fashioned into that. Only thing I've heard. But, yes, TP is going out the door fast as sanitizers! LOL

As to the virus, yep, a strong flu which can be hard for older or anyone with a weak immune system. Lot of those out there! And I will say that the "talk" among buyers has been about precaution with washing all items that are being advised to do.

Personally I am well stocked with everything most mention for sanitation, first aid, etc. Animal feed will be replenished tomorrow on normal schedule. I will add some extra in case any of the future shipments get held with down time at any factories, truckers, etc. Here, in another month, the grasses will be plentiful and most feed needs will drop dramatically for 6-7 months. Plus, I have farmers who will sell feed if I need it.

Freezers are full, canned goods plentiful, staples in good supply. I can make good bread & biscuits. Five goats in milk -- lots of milk, cheese, butter, cream -- hens laying way more than we need. Enough seed to grow plenty for family and entire neighborhood, actually....and animals, too.

Precautions are taken. I'm sure not panicking. I am more concerned about the trickle down if enough job situations close, stores with no stock shut down, etc...and how people will manage with/for that. Not everyone has enough food in house for more than a week or so, sadly. Some things will have more effect than the virus. Any on prescriptions may be in real trouble.
TP face masks and face masks in general will do nothing to slow this down. More than 50% will get it. Hope when it happens it is a mild case.

Missing_Peace_Farm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We haven't done anything but reading for the past two years. this is our first comment. the only thing we have seen related to COVID-19 is a minor panic in buying up TP and cleaning supplies. a few local closing off of nursing homes for the protection of seniors.

We are a hobby farmers and have small acreage. we bought in the path of progress and it is close to paying off. we have a generous offer to close very soon. this time we are moving so far out that we are coming out on the other side---literally half way between two small towns east/west and a little further apart to two smaller towns north/south in South Central Texas.

our main interest is truck gardening, with chickens, Nigerian Dwarf goats, a donkey, dogs and lots of cats.

we are better prepared than most. we have a year supply of canned and dehydrated food. an abundant supply of eggs.

as mentioned in the first paragraph the supply chain problems are minor. keep you posted on that. just going to hunker down and weather the storm. Mostly worried about the political fallout.

living the dream on the small country farm

Farmer How

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am getting more concerned about all the closers and how they are going to effect everyone. That's more scary to me. I guess i could understand closing everything more for a much worse bug but not for something like this. I have family who lives in tiny apartments they only have enough for maybe a week. That's bugs me alot and i mention before i come from a family who burns cash they just got the next day so it's nerve racking on that note as well as they don't have any kind of savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.