Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’ve seen that .1% other places. It is based on the population, so to be true you would have to assume that every person in the US has had COVID. I’m not an alarmist by any means. You’ve got the total shutdown states and the do nothing states. The real answer to this is certainly somewhere in between.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone else use germ sprays? I find Microban to have a less obtrusive odor that dissipates well. Lysol has been a standby here during any time a household member has been sick. Has seemed to help keeping others from sharing.....some of the time. I spray and leave. LOL. Settled by time I get back inside. I use it in my truck on work days. It's only "exposure" days use.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would not allow my child to be on a virtual camera for schoolwork if I was not present....

Good idea. That's our policy and I recommend it.We've already had issues with teachers lashing out inappropriately at students and displaying not very adult conduct so my children are now chaperoned at all times unless I personally know and trust the teacher...and even then, kids sometimes need "help" behaving and staying on task anyway so if I know and like the teacher I'll still be there 99% of the time.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a recent article in the "Guardian" that popped up on my laptop that I read. It is by a dr about how we use way too much soap and how we have been systemetically destroying our natural "biomes" of our bodies. He makes a reference to how without the natural interaction of the body's defense systems, we are actually lowering our ability to fight off disease. Interesting read, and now I cannot find the link but will try to pull it up again.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
kids sometimes need "help" behaving and staying on task

I've probably said it a hundred times by now, I am so glad I don't have to deal with this with kids in school. Distance learning hasn't been terribly successful around here. The system works like this: each class has a certain number of kids in it. On Monday and Tuesday, half of the kids (the "A" group) are in the classroom, and the other half (the "B" group) are at home, attending via computer. On Thursday and Friday, the "B" group are in the classroom, and the "A" group are attending virtually. I believe the parents did have the option of having their students attend virtually all the time, but being in the classroom all week was not an option (though I think there are some exceptions to this). Report cards for the first grading period went out about a week ago, and at least a third of the students are failing in at least one class (with black and Hispanic students, it's more than half). Some of this is probably because the students don't have a home environment that is conducive to learning (some may not have access to a computer, though efforts have been made to deal with that), and some may be because such a disrupted schedule is itself a source of distraction.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We'v been under a mask mandate in NC for 5 months and had our highest number of daily infections one day last week. The numbers have been going up for weeks.

It appears that the mask mandate isn't working.

Some people are arguing that it isn't working because everyone isn't complying. I'm not sure I buy that.

If you said that it hasn't stopped the spread because everyone isn't wearing them then OK.

But, if the number of infections are going up and 60 - 70 percent are wearing masks, then that would indicated that it isn't working.

Wouldn't 60 - 70 percent compliance at least keep the number flat?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if any infected could just light up in a blue glow so we could identify and avoid? :lol: glow would leave when virus did.

IMO many things help but none totally stop this crap. Some individuals are also more or less suseptable to being sick....immune systems, socializations, exposures, personal disinfectant efforts, work requirements and so on... A real puzzle for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.