Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennbramlett

Just born
Reaction score
We the same we tend to shop for an entire month then stay home. We need son e more feed but i also but that in bulk just because i don't like shopping with kids also because i spend less when i go less. I tend to think if it's just like a cold which is what the symptoms seem to mimic i am not sure why everyone freaking out. I am not interested in getting sick or my kids getting sick no matter the illness but i refuse to be afraid of something that may or may not happen. I more prone not to stress or worry over what i have no control over.
Same here. I have not missed any work or changed anything I do normally

Grant

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think anything we do will stop it. Slow it, maybe, not stop. They are claiming 90-95% effectiveness of the vaccines. 1, I doubt it. 2 how long will it last if it is effective. Why don’t we have a vaccine for the common cold? Our bodies can’t sustain the antibodies once we have them. They leave once the virus is gone. We won’t know if a vaccine is effective like the small pox vaccine or if it is short lived, months of immunity only, for quite some time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The vaccine will probably be like the flu vaccine, always chasing last year's flu and nothing in it for the mutations of this year. I have never had a flu shot and am on the fence for the covid shot. If I decide to get one, I'll let a whole lot of people go ahead of me so I can determine what side effects there may be. Not that they would be publicized anyway......

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geez, Bay, feeling a bit cynical this morning?

https://www.wect.com/2020/11/17/som...irus-is-real-even-theyre-dying-sd-nurse-says/

Follow the twitter hyperlink if you dare - it's a pretty grim picture of what life "on the front lines" feels like.
I had already read about that. What stupidity to lay dying with Covid and insist it is something else. I have friends on the front lines as nurses and they tell me what is real and Covid is REAL, wear the dam%ed mask! Then here comes a rushed, hurry up, vaccine. Pardon me if I am not first in line for it.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH is a retired nurse and spent most of his years in management roles. Every day (multiple times a day) he gets emails and texts from recruiters looking for nurses. Just today he got one offering $55 - $70 an hour, 50 hours a week, all transportation, housing and food supplied. The placement would be in El Paso. He gave me that look that says he wants to do it. He's wanted to go help since this pandemic started - it's the nurse in him, not the lure of the money.

That says something about how desperate places are for skilled help. Of course - I said no.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
here comes a rushed, hurry up, vaccine. Pardon me if I am not first in line for it.

As someone who probably hasn't ever taken a prescription drug without experiencing at least one side effect, I can't blame you for being cautious. But all medications include lists like "these are known side effects that you may experience but don't need to worry about," and "get thee to a hospital if you experience these side effects" in that tiny mouse-print insert that comes with them, and also in an easier-to-read handout that the pharmacist gives you. When my kids got their shots for school, the doctor made us wait around in the office for about a half hour after giving the shot to watch for signs of a severe adverse reaction, and gave me a paper about the whys and wherefores of immunization and what to watch out for before they did it. Moderna has already mentioned possible side effects of its vaccine (fatigue, aches), and AstraZeneca briefly halted their trials for a review when one of their human guinea pigs died (of coronavirus; he turned out to be in the placebo group). One of the criticisms that I have seen frequently about the Russian vaccine is that they are going too fast (notice the pun that I avoided with great effort) and aren't checking all the boxes about safety and efficacy before trying to get this thing on the market.

Yes, of course, everybody wants to be the first and rake in whatever profits are to be made, but it seems to me that there is an unprecedented level of transparency about this.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our daughter and family live in Odessa, Tx. They are right up against Midland, surrounded by hot spots, Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso. Midland has brought in refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies of the dead. Midland refuses to enforce any mask mandate.

So this is where it gets real. Our 13 year old granddaughter sat between 2 kids in school, in multiple classes, both of whom have Covid. Granddaughter was wearing a mask, so she is still allowed to go to school. The CDC said she may still catch Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts