Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This Coronavirus has people scared, buying up all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer in sight. Was just wondering how this is affecting the herd? Is anybody stocking up for a lockdown? If you are, what are you doing? We pretty much stay stocked up, but could probably get a few more bags of dog food and animal feed.

There are 2 cases in my home county and 1 case in a neighboring county. The "experts" are saying that 70% of the population will get the coronavirus, most with little symptoms. I am sort of a contrarian, if that's the case, then why not just get on out there and get it and get it over with? It seems to be coming anyway, not an "if" but a "when."

So, what are your thoughts on this? Please, no political or conspiracy crap.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
We the same we tend to shop for an entire month then stay home. We need son e more feed but i also but that in bulk just because i don't like shopping with kids also because i spend less when i go less. I tend to think if it's just like a cold which is what the symptoms seem to mimic i am not sure why everyone freaking out. I am not interested in getting sick or my kids getting sick no matter the illness but i refuse to be afraid of something that may or may not happen. I more prone not to stress or worry over what i have no control over.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have prepared the same as we do during hurricane season...water, ez meals, animal feed etc. We have cancelled all apointments that we both had and are just staying home, mostly because we are trying to recover from a bug that we are trying to get over and Leon's other health issues. We fit into the " senior " category, lol, so we are probably being a little more cautious ....

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have prepared the same as we do during hurricane season...water, ez meals, animal feed etc. We have cancelled all apointments that we both had and are just staying home, mostly because we are trying to recover from a bug that we are trying to get over and Leon's other health issues. We fit into the " senior " category, lol, so we are probably being a little more cautious ....
I’m glad that you are being cautious...you guys have your hands full, and you were running into a lot of possible unhealthy peopl3 at dr facilities. Please take care!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I was heck bent on going to visit my Aunt at the nursing hom3 yesterday, until I heard it was closed. We are going to an auction on Saturday to try to ge5 some good farming stuff. My son is furious his college is closed. It jus5 occurred to me that my whole family, except us, is supposed to go to Vegas n3xt month for my Dad’s 80th birthday. I’m going * to try to talk them out of that. As for me...I’m not worried. I feel healthy and strong. If it kills me, well, I’ve been very happy this last year. Im not goin* to live in fear either...I can’t...I tend to worry, as if you didn’t already know :lol: So, I don5 need extra stress, or I will get sick from something else. I think it’s terrible...absolutely awful. But, there’s not one thing I can do about it. So, I’m goin* to continue. We don’t very many places. We already buy feed by the ton. If we buy more, it will get moldy. I do hope that all the people that I care about...and that includes every person reading this!! Will take the necessary precautions and just be safe while we ride this out together!! :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just checked stock market. Don’t have a lot, but it’s down by half. I suppose the saving grace is the dividends will buy more shares.
WTH.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only way it's affecting us thus far is that they won't let anyone visit the nursing homes, so we can't go and tend to my Dad....this irks me to no end, but this national fear is driving the bus, so I understand their actions.

I tend to ignore all the hoohaw about such things. Remember the big toilet paper scare back in the 70s when folks went out and bought up all the TP? This is sort of going to result in the same thing...as this or that person says they are hurrying out to buy up this or that item, more will get uneasy about not finding it, so there will be a run on that item, etc.

Folks just need to calm down and use some sense.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tend to think if it's just like a cold which is what the symptoms seem to mimic
For the young and healthy it might not be much worse than a cold. But, it's not a cold. For those of us who have accumulated some years and others who have accumulated some health challenges it can be deadly. I don't think anybody is in panic mode - but it pays to be cognizant of things going on around you so that you can be proactive instead of reactive. :)

CraftyHen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This Coronavirus has people scared, buying up all the toilet paper and hand sanitizer in sight. Was just wondering how this is affecting the herd? Is anybody stocking up for a lockdown? If you are, what are you doing? We pretty much stay stocked up, but could probably get a few more bags of dog food and animal feed.

There are 2 cases in my home county and 1 case in a neighboring county. The "experts" are saying that 70% of the population will get the coronavirus, most with little symptoms. I am sort of a contrarian, if that's the case, then why not just get on out there and get it and get it over with? It seems to be coming anyway, not an "if" but a "when."

So, what are your thoughts on this? Please, no political or conspiracy crap.
There are no cases in my small town that we know of, or even in areas close by but local stores have sold out of bleach, bleach-wipes and even bleach based bathroom cleaners. Until your post, I had not considered putting up extra dogfood. Better do that.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was supposed to travel by plane next week for work. But, my company instructed us to avoid non essential domestic air travel and prohibited international air travel without executive management approval.
We are doing a test next week to have 25% of my division work from home. We all have remote capability and working from home sometimes is a perk. But, this is to test if our capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.