Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 If you want to can, I recommend the AllAmerican pressure canner. I have the 921 model and I absolutely adore it.

They are offering free shipping and the price has actually come down since I bought mine. This is a deal that you can't pass up. I named mine The Beast. It is HEAVY machined aluminum, a precision instrument. I love THE BEAST!

Hufflesheep

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I sort of have a "jeez, what's the big deal" attitude, but that's probably because I live in a very rural area and im a complete recluse anyways. So my personal life is effected 0% other than my son being home from school.
I have heard many discussions on whether shutting everything down has the cost benefit they're looking for. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think it i5s. Our state is suppose to report whermther they are going to at 11 am close down in restaurants a bars. The waiters and waitresses and bartenders are in trouble.

Edit after clarification.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know how the unemployment offices are going to handle the work load. Folks can't go without their jobs, most are too deeply in debt.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mmm I do love a good deal. Lol dh might not be thrilled if i went for the 41 jar canner but it so tempting lol.
You have to consider the weight of a loaded canner on your stove and the height of the canner. If you have a vent-a-hood, it might not fit under it. I have an electric stove, I wouldn't want to put a heavier canner on the elements. A Gas stove with those big thick grates over the flame would be ideal, but that is not what I have. By all means, consider what you want and go for it. If you get the 921 like I have, at some point, you can get another and use two. Load one up to process while the other one is cooling down.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are providing a valuable service by helping people get the things they need....not everyone works at a grocery store and can get their hands on things when they need them.
I don’t work at a grocery store, but rather a department store. I won’t say what company but its one of the few that has yet to shut down. There is no reason for us to be open. While certain stores must stay open so people can survive, people don’t need to be buying shoes, makeup, and clothing during this mess and exposing themselves and their families. We have so much inventory because merchandise isn’t being bought but we keep getting shipments. The company will not shut down until they are forced by the state, which who knows when that will happen. Gap and Old Navy are shutting down, hopefully we will soon follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.