Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t work at a grocery store, but rather a department store. I won’t say what company but its one of the few that has yet to shut down. There is no reason for us to be open. While certain stores must stay open so people can survive, people don’t need to be buying shoes, makeup, and clothing during this mess and exposing themselves and their families. We have so much inventory because merchandise isn’t being bought but we keep getting shipments. The company will not shut down until they are forced by the state, which who knows when that will happen. Gap and Old Navy are shutting down, hopefully we will soon follow.

Gotcha. Well, in light of that, I'd stay home if I were you. No need for that kind of store at all and no need for your presence there. :hugs

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a dark sense of humor, so I laughed out loud all by myself here when I read it. I've always joked that we keep bigger dogs here so we can eat them if need be.....

1584627124636.png

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've not been on the site for a few weeks (lambing!)....and now Covid-19. Things are pretty unpleasant over in Little Britain....most things closing/closed down, death and infection rate skyrocketing, supermarkets have no bread, hand gel, pasta, almost no fresh meat and no TOILET ROLLS (???....it doesn't cause diarrhoea as far as I am aware.).

Lots and lots of confusion, panic, and some overt racism.....personally I'm pretty calm. At least we don't have bombs raining down on our heads.

Stay safe.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last night my son, Ben said, if you woke up from a coma and saw the all the stores closed, etc...you’d think it was a zombie apocalypse. What an idiot. But, it did give me a chuckle. @Beekissed ...that post...although we don’t plan to eat the dogs....Chris did wake me up the other day to tell me that he thinks we could live off the farm for at least a year.... I said we’re not eating my goats!! He said no...just the pigs. Then he said people will probably come steal our chickens. Today I told him I’m out of hairspray.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
At least we don't have bombs raining down on our heads.

Now, there's irony for ya - I've just been watching programs about the Blitz on YouTube.

Glad to hear from you; been thinking about you and your I C ewes (sorry; couldn't resist the pun). I hope they are all doing well for you. Stay safe and as rested as you can be!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you; been thinking about you and your I C ewes (sorry; couldn't resist the pun). I hope they are all doing well for you. Stay safe and as rested as you can be!
Thank you, kind lady.I hope you keep safe, too.
Our weather has been atrocious.... cold with driving, persistent rain....the worst weather for lambing. We have run out of forage and are struggling to find any to buy and the lambs keep coming.....

Last night my son, Ben said, if you woke up from a coma and saw the all the stores closed, etc...you’d think it was a zombie apocalypse
'Apocalypse Now' is just the term I've been using, too. Our local supermarkets have restrictions on purchases to 3/4 of any item (if you are lucky enough to find 3 or 4) except for Easyer eggs and alcohol.....so a trolley load of wine and Easter eggs for me....fat and drunk is the way to go!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We haven't been to a grocery store since this mess started but according to the radio, grocery items like meat and dairy were out of stock in Pulaski, about 15 miles from us. Trucks are coming in but the folks that are hoarding are pulling the stock out as soon as it comes in. Pulaski has a Walmart and a couple of small Mom & Pop grocery stores.

The only thing we didn't have enough of was cat feed but we picked that up at the Feed Store since we needed a few types of garden seed from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.