Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
For those in Texas the bar and eat ins are closed. No more the. 10 people allowed to gather in a social setting. Schools are closed but still need to provide some for of schooling for the kids. All until April 3 i believe was the date given and starting as of midnight tomorrow. All nessicary things will continue as normal.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
For those in Texas the bar and eat ins are closed. No more the. 10 people allowed to gather in a social setting. Schools are closed but still need to provide some for of schooling for the kids. All until April 3 i believe was the date given and starting as of midnight tomorrow. All nessicary things will continue as normal.
Same here in Indiana. Schools were closed until May 1 by the governor today....
Church events cancelled for 2 weeks.
Got a NZ buck today, went ahead and bought him for 4H meatpens and potential healthy meat for us.
My Dad is saying it's nothing and having his coffee with friends every day. My Mom (they've been divorced for 30+yrs) is deathly afraid and not going anywhere, but her husband is running around like nothing.
DH is keeping busy as a tractor service technician and has been told that the farmers will keep him busy.
Looks like softball season might be a bust. But we'll practice at home. We might be done with co op early.!

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Even on our tiny lot in the middle of town, just blocks from city hall at our old house, I had hens in the backyard and a garden. ANYBODY with a yard could do the same. I worked 10 hours a day, so don't offer the lame excuses about no time for a garden. folks have PLENTY of time now, but have you heard the media pushing any type of FEEDING YOURSELF programs? Aw hell no. They might get dirty, sweaty or sore muscles from actually doing something that is not merely plucking something pre-prepared off the shelf.

Rant over.
We’ve talked about building some raised beds and putting them up for sale. Hoping people will see the light and start trying to grow their own.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This whole thing has definitely got me to considering the best way to start a greenhouse with all natural heat. If anyone does this send me a on and learn me a few things please.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
This whole thing has definitely got me to considering the best way to start a greenhouse with all natural heat. If anyone does this send me a on and learn me a few things please.
I have used old window panes and frames for small starter green houses, they worked well in the cooler temperatures in NH...

Status
Not open for further replies.