Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pretty silly song....who wouldn't want to go to Heaven RIGHT NOW????? It's incredible to me why so many people not only NOT prepare to go to Heaven, but after they say they have done so, they then add they don't want to go right now. Have they even READ about the place???? Do they even believe it exists? If they do, there isn't one reasonable thought process that would allow them to prefer to live here rather than there.

No, it's not selfish to live your life and move about as normal and do all the things one normally does under these present circumstances. There's absolutely no firm evidence that this is indeed as infectious and dangerous as they say it is, there are so few cases world wide compared to the population of the Earth that it's laughable to even suggest it's dangerous and spreading like wildfire~it's already resolving itself in China, if you can even believe THAT information~ and it would only be selfish to carry on as per normal if there was firm evidence to support the need to do so....there is none, it's all what ifs and smoke and mirrors driven by fearmongering.

Since there is no firm evidence and merely conjecture, it's understandable if people don't trust what they are being told and don't want to obey blindly the over the top measures that have been implemented.

The Emperor is not wearing any clothes and I don't mind being some of the few who point that out. Many like me in the medical field are thinking the same thing....we've seen WAY worse diseases, way more infectious, with WAY less precautions going on and we are knee deep in germs every day that would make most people run in terror, but this isn't 1one of them. It's a cold virus, one of many, that have been around a long, long time.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Closed up a lot of places here in Montana. I feel bad for all those jobs lost, my wife being of them. Me and the kids all have asthma so it’s a bit scary to be truthful. I think this could turn pretty sour pretty quick if something doesn’t change. People are in edge and a lot of them without income or means to get it. That puts the crazy in people. I’m more worried about that than the virus but I’m trying my best to not get it. I would definitely be hospitalized and maybe worse with my severe asthma. My hands are dry and cracking from all the washing and sanitizer lol

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Closed up a lot of places here in Montana. I feel bad for all those jobs lost, my wife being of them. Me and the kids all have asthma so it’s a bit scary to be truthful. I think this could turn pretty sour pretty quick if something doesn’t change. People are in edge and a lot of them without income or means to get it. That puts the crazy in people. I’m more worried about that than the virus but I’m trying my best to not get it. I would definitely be hospitalized and maybe worse with my severe asthma. My hands are dry and cracking from all the washing and sanitizer lol
Rub Vaseline into your hands, it is healing for dry and cracked skin.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got a call from mother in law she doing some what better no longer coughing non stop. They running some test and most have come back negative will get some more results tomorrow. She has two young twins that are 8yrs old. Her dh is with them and they are not allowing any visitors to see her period at this point.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've reloaded for about 15yrs now. I enjoy it. Where we live u can make about 4 cuttings of hay a year and alot of guys just do it to sell. I bought 120 bales today for 3 bucks a bale. Not bad price. Most the time it is over 5 a bale. Grass is coming on now another week or two and my stuff will be back on pasture no hay. ill have to double check on the livestock and hay auctions one guy said they were closed another said they are open.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pretty silly song....who wouldn't want to go to Heaven RIGHT NOW????? It's incredible to me why so many people not only NOT prepare to go to Heaven, but after they say they have done so, they then add they don't want to go right now. Have they even READ about the place???? Do they even believe it exists? If they do, there isn't one reasonable thought process that would allow them to prefer to live here rather than there.

No, it's not selfish to live your life and move about as normal and do all the things one normally does under these present circumstances. There's absolutely no firm evidence that this is indeed as infectious and dangerous as they say it is, there are so few cases world wide compared to the population of the Earth that it's laughable to even suggest it's dangerous and spreading like wildfire~it's already resolving itself in China, if you can even believe THAT information~ and it would only be selfish to carry on as per normal if there was firm evidence to support the need to do so....there is none, it's all what ifs and smoke and mirrors driven by fearmongering.

Since there is no firm evidence and merely conjecture, it's understandable if people don't trust what they are being told and don't want to obey blindly the over the top measures that have been implemented.

The Emperor is not wearing any clothes and I don't mind being some of the few who point that out. Many like me in the medical field are thinking the same thing....we've seen WAY worse diseases, way more infectious, with WAY less precautions going on and we are knee deep in germs every day that would make most people run in terror, but this isn't one of them. It's a cold virus, one of many, that have been around a long, long time.
Well said!

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score

Y'know, I've thought about this a lot, since my mother passed away in August. She was a preacher's wife. She spent her life ministering to people and aiding my father's ministry in every way she could; if ever a person had reason to expect to hear "well done, thou good and faithful servant," that was her.

And yet.

She died of pulmonary fibrosis (which is what is killing some Corona virus victims), so she spent months in the hospital with declining lung function, as medical staff tried and tried to get her stable enough to go home. Eventually, we all agreed that enough was enough, and she was transferred to a hospice. She had been there about a week when the crisis came - possibly a stroke. The hospice staff knew what to expect, of course, but we didn't - hour after hour after hour of Mom apparently comatose, with the most horrible, bubbly breathing you can imagine; she was essentially drowning very, very slowly. Eventually, it wore on both of my brothers so bad, they couldn't stand to stay in the room with her. After about 30 hours of this, with Mom's hands and feet grey from the loss of circulation, one of the nurses took my dad and me aside and said, "she's fighting it. Sometimes they seem to need permission to go; can you tell her it's alright?"

So with me holding Mom's left hand, and Dad holding her right, we told her she could leave us. He said, "You've fought long and hard, but it's OK to go now. We love you, and we'll miss you," and he kissed her on the forehead. Mom breathed about 3 more shallow breaths, then she went Home.

And left me wondering - why? With so much to die for, why would a woman with such deep faith fight so hard to keep living?

Maybe she wasn't convinced that her job on Earth was done, or maybe she loved us so much, she was still trying to protect us from the pain of losing her?

Whatever. I love you, Mom; you are still a blessing to me - even just knowing you aren't facing this is a blessing in a way (now we just have to keep Dad safe . . . )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts