Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heard yesterday that the stores are restocking and things are staying on the shelves. I guess the people that bought up all the toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and canned goods have either run out of money, or space to store all their groceries!

Just called my butcher and he said they were open during the quarantine for kill and cut. I can bring in my wethers whenever I want.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like that's that on the kids front then. Good. No sharing in class. Nobody should be forced to send their kid so they will bring this home to their grandparents or immunocompromised family member.
Which is good for us. Someone in a neighboring town from us has already died of this and people are testing positive in our town now too. This is about to become a big mess.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tennessee is converting to online school for K-12 but not having kids involved, I have no idea how successful it will be. We have a good Governor that is even working out how to get computers and internet signal to those that don't have it.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Google should somehow do a humanitarian project involving nationwide google fi and get kids hooked up to their schooling. They're going to make plenty of $ in advertising to homebound internet absorbing people over the next few months, after all.

I think our school system wants to go online for education too BUT that's kind of a lot to ask from teachers out of the blue. There is school chromebook loaning out going on here. State law/policy or whatever says online school assignments here can't be mandatory though...so I'm not really sure what's going on anymore.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Someone in a neighboring town from us has already died of this and people are testing positive in our town now too. This is about to become a big mess.

We have had three cases in our county and one person has died. DH is working from home for the next three weeks and then he might have to go back. Depending on what is happening he may just quit the job. At least we both have our retirements so I won't be homeless. My anxiety level is pretty high and this isn't normal for me...I am sure it is the mold.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little Britain is locked down, too. Schools shut, universities doing only online work, all non-essential shops shut, spaced (and policed) queueing in supermarkets, non-essential travel banned (and imprisonment as the consequence of disobedience) and all public venues closed for the foreseeable future (cafes, pubs, clubs, even funerals, weddings etc). All non-emergency medical and surgical treatment stopped, even cancer chemotherapy being delayed. No visiting anyone apart from tending to those who are unable to care for themselves at home.

Feels a little unreal. I'm actually glad to be lambing in order to be kept firmly on site.

Keep safe, folks, and we'll reach the other side. Sorry to hear about those of you who are badly affected by restrictions and inability to work ( our usually spineless government are paying 80% of wages to those who are unable to work due to the restrictions).

They sat 'that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger'.....keep strong, keep resolute...we can get through this.

Just try to remember that most folk who catch the virus have a 'flu-like illness which won't be pleasant, but we will get over it (God willing).

Sheepshape.....in an unusually sober mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts