Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is it affecting us? Today I'm feeling sad and overwhelmed... no end in sight. DH started his day at work being told his coworker was at home with a fever.... that strikes instant fear into us... shortly later DH texted that the coworker had had a test and it was negative, the coworker has bronchitis. I know this won't be our first scare... DH is expected to continue to work as a service tech unless he is sick... even if the state's lock down continues beyond next week. Is it a true lock down if only hair salons, restaurants and schools are closed?
Trying to stay busy and productive but it's hard. It's normal for me and kids to be home and schooling goes on as normal here. But we miss our activities and friends. Technology can't replace face to face contact, and we you are around someone else (even a neighbor) there's a feeling of keep away, keep back... I can't imagine that we'll have a soft ball or tee ball season. But I keep working with the kids. We get school done then things around the house and farm done.
I know dad's living apart from their families... it could be worse.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m sorry that y’all have to be so fearful because of his job. That sucks. I pray that y’all stay safe.

There is a furniture store in Tyler that is staying open. I watch their commercials with disgust. If someone coughs on a sofa, then someone else sits on it..... It looks like a cluster time.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's the same kind of loose lock down that we are in. The TN Governor put out that if you can "safely" do your job, you can continue but there wasn't a whole lot of guidelines other than that.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have heard that the malaria drug combined with Z-packs will cure the virus. Also, the percentage of deaths is probably not as high as is being reported in the press. Right now it is around 1% of total cases in the USA with very few people actually tested. Hopefully as the number of people tested goes higher, the ratio of number of deaths will drop. The media hype about the US now having more cases than a lot of the hard hit places in Europe is silly. Of course we have lots of cases, we have lots of people. You could fit all of Europe inside part of the US and have lots of room left over for other countries!!! The outbreak in New Orleans has been traced to the Mardi Gras celebration which is attended by tons of tourists from all over. The upsurge in Chinese cases stemmed from the Chinese New Year celebrations in Wouhan that the Chinese allowed to go on with no quarantines, and then many of those people left the country to return to jobs and families outside China. Italy's massive outbreak relates to the number of Chinese workers in that country who returned to Italy after the Chinese New Year. Cruises are very popular with Asians, and the crew members come from all over the world. With the contained spaces on the cruise ships, it is no wonder the cruise ship passengers and crews get the virus. Time to calm down and take a hard look at this situation,

My son and husband also heard that blood type has something to do with higher resistance. Type O+ had the highest resistance while Type A has the least. I wonder if anyone has thought to correlate the number of positive tests with few or less intense symptoms with the blood type. Not saying this is fact, but it would be interesting for scientists to check this out in future.

We have wondered if our family had Covid already since I was not feeling well when I got back from our cruise to Hawaii with the final day ashore in Mexico on February 12. When I returned home, I stayed in bed for over a week feeling exhausted and with a mild cough. (I didn't even unpack the suitcases!) Several days later DH, DS1, and future DIL all had high fevers of 103+ for 2 days and bad coughs for almost a week. DS2 coughed till I thought he would lose a lung! He also had to call in sick during his fever which is unheard of for him since taking a day off during his apprenticeship could men he loses his place in the program. LOL DH called the doctor and we were told we did not fit the symptoms. DS1 had a mild cough like mine, and nether DS1 nor I had fevers. We were all exhausted and exertion brought us out in a sweat. This all happened 2 weeks before the ship was quarantined off San Francisco.

DS1 and I have O+ blood which would account for us having milder symptoms if the blood type resistance to Covid is true. DH and DS2 have B+. We know our blood types because DH, DS1 and DS2 routinely give blood and our Grandson did a science paper on blood types in families.

We don't want to ask for testing, figuring we should leave the test kits for those who are currently sick. When they eventually develop the other test using a drop of blood, or a test to see if you have had it, we may ask to be tested. Another doctor has found that blood with antibodies can be a cure for desperately sick Covid sufferers. He is looking for Covid survivors to donate blood for this new study.

Did you hear that NY Governor Cuomo has been screaming that he needs 30,000 ventilators from Trump just for his state? (I guess Trump is hiding them in his closet?) Now it has come out that Cuomo apparently has 5,000 ventilators stocked away in storage and has refused to pass them around to the hospitals since he says he has to "save them for when the pandemic hits its apex"! ???

Frankly I don't believe most of the media reports. Has anyone noticed how desperate the newscasters sound that they can't report people dropping died in the streets from this epidemic?

I have pretty much stopped watching or reading about this anymore. Most of the reporting is so repetitive!

Thank you Ridgetop. You make so much sense. I too have stopped tuning in to the media. They have proven time and again that they will lie when it suits their agendas, and that was long before the China virus, it just seems as though the Cvirus has been a handy tool for them to fear monger. It's like the old lawyer joke, how do you know when they're lieing? When their lips are moving.

I was down this morning, just discouraged at the state of the world, but my husband reminded me that God hasn't changed, nor will He ever. What is meant to harm us, God can use for good. He just wants us to trust Him through it all, and I will.

Snowed again today and I am so done with snow. I know the sun will shine again and things will grow, just trying to be patient.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Surrounded here in Florida too, sure wish people would stop coming here from NY and other areas..., as much as our neighbors have been traveling to the hospital for health reasons I am pretty sure it will just be a matter of days before they get it. Gainsville fl has lots of the virus and so do all the counties around us. Stay safe everyone;)

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saying that "a gummy bear has more teeth than the governor's order," the sheriff of a nearby county requested (and was granted) a 10 pm to 5 am curfew. His argument is that there will be fewer accidents, therefore fewer first responders and medical personnel exposed. There's a huge logic leap in that, maybe several - I think he just wanted something specific to charge people with when he encounters them late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.