Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
The animal transport company decided to make a run. It's the lady and her sister traveling together. They have a sleeper and all they really have to do is stop for gas.
So, Sinai Thunder AD Valiant *S*B has a long trip ahead to his new herd in Oklahoma.
Safe Travels.

(1)20200407_174036.jpg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
67 cases in my county now. My daughter and family thinks they all had it in January. Then my husband got what they had and is just now getting over it. Who knows?
I think I had it when I got back from my cruise to Hawaii on February 12. Went to bed with exhaustion and a mild cough, thinking I was getting a cold. No fever BUT I take Elderberry supplement with Vitamin C and ZINC. When I think I am getting a cold I pop those suckers like candy. I was eating about 4 + per day so maybe that helped me stave off a major attack. 4 days later DH ran a 103 degree fever for 2 days then gradually recovered. DS1 had a bad cough, while DS2 and future DIL had 103+ fevers and bad coughs. I have wondered if we all had it then as well. DH called the doctor who told us without seeing us that pneumonia like symptoms and inability to breath were the virus symptoms and we did not have it. However, I wonder if a lot of people got it in a mild form, but weren't tested so didn't know they had it. I am interested in the antibody test to see if we had it. A lot of people that are testing positive are not showing symptoms while some people that have it are having very mild symptoms. Who knows?

Our neighbor called yesterday in a panic asking if I had any bias binding. It appears that the fabric stores are now enjoying a major run on fabric, elastic and bias tape for making masks. The neighbor couldn't get any elastic or binding at the store so she called me. Her sister broke her sewing machine and ran to the large fabric store and was able to buy the LAST one in stock! They have a business and have been told that although they are in the necessary class everyone in the metal shop needs to wear masks now. She was making masks last night. Not sure what fabric they are using buy they are making masks. Oh yes, I gave her 3 pack of binding plus an open pack so about 14 yards of 1/4" bifold binding. I might have elastic somewhere but better save it in case we need masks. LOL I could make a bunch of masks with the boxes of fabric I have from when I made quilts, but don't want to get sued if they are not the required microns or whatever! On the other hand, I could make some really cute ones by appliqueing smiley lips on the masks! LOL

My future DIL's grandfather is in the hospital ICU since last Friday on a respirator. Holding his own so hopefully that I good news. Future DIL and her family were all tested 2 days ago. FDIL's test was negative. If it had been positive we would have had to get one too.

Getting some stuff done around here but the rain keeps coming. The green forage keeps growing and we are supposed to have it all cut by the end of April!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had my niece-in-law in OR make me 4 masks and send them to us. I just didn't want to make any but I did make DH one. @Ridgetop there is a pattern on the web to make a mask that is double and has a pocket for a filter; that is what I made DH. You can put shop towels in the pocket or CDC suggest a coffee filter.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had our prolapsed ewe put down today. The gentleman from dead animal pickup said that effective tomorrow everyone MUST wear masks in public per mayor or get a fine! Time to make masks I suppose. :mad:
Sorry about your ewe, I know it was coming, but it still is sad. So now you have to wear a mask in public. It is encouraged here, so we do. I had a couple of those n95 masks from cleaning the barn. I found a 4 pack of masks that I kept for when we clean out the barn. I gave one to our daughter and a zip lock bag to keep it in. The post office uses an orange smelling disinfectant that makes my chemical issues flare up. Now my durned mask smells like it, blech. Maybe i'll air it out in the sun tomorrow. My luck, a bird would probably poop on it.

88 cases in my county now, 2 deaths.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit Sadly, FDIL got the news about her grandfather who is in the hospital ICU with Covid. He is 80 years old and had tuberculosis in his youth in the Philippines. He also has other scarring in his lungs from bouts of pneumonia and some fibrosis in the lungs too. The doctors have said that he is terminal, and can never breath again without a ventilator. Although he is on the ventilator now the doctor said he is in a great deal of pain just trying to breathe. The family can't even go to see him and the priest can't go to give him the last rites. Devastating news. He is a very sweet man and was looking forward to FDIL and DS2 getting married. It would have been the first wedding among FDIL's siblings and they were planning to have a baby right away. FDIL wanted her grandfather to be able to hold his first great grandchild. Our whole family is crushed by this news. Also the family can't go to the hospital to be with him as he dies. Normally we would all get together to pray with the family, now maybe not even be able to have the rosary or funeral mass. :hit

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Prayers also from Va. I am not sure why they will not let the priest administer last rites if he is garbed like one of the hospital workers. Is there no priest there that has had the virus and recovered to be able to go to hospitals even if it is not their own "family priest"??? Sad for all of you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.