Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have y'all heard that blood type O is less likely to get Covid-19 or have a lighter case of it? I have type O blood. :woot

www.tmc.edu

Blood type may affect COVID-19 outcomes, study shows - TMC News
Preliminary data indicates that those with Type A blood are at greater risk from COVID-19, while Type O blood may offer some protection from the virus.
www.tmc.edu
www.tmc.edu

directorsblog.nih.gov

Genes, Blood Type Tied to Risk of Severe COVID-19
Many people who contract COVID-19 have only a mild illness, or sometimes no symptoms at all. But some develop respiratory failure that requires oxygen support or even a ventilator to help them reco…
directorsblog.nih.gov
directorsblog.nih.gov

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I met my dad for lunch yesterday. Amazing how abnormal something so normal has become, isn't it? But he's in his mid-eighties, with heart issues, so there's no getting around it, he's high risk. My brother (who lives with him now) is being very, very careful, and I'm not taking unnecessary risks either, but both of our communities (we live about a hundred miles apart) are steadily racking up numbers of positive cases. It's horrible to think you could be a threat to someone you love, but the potential is there, so even something as simple as a family visit needs to be evaluated in terms of risk. Our compromise was to meet at a restaurant in a community about halfway in-between. In spite of the signs on the doors reminding patrons that our governor has mandated masks in public settings, there seemed to be a lot of people walking in and out without face coverings. So, after some discussion, we decided to sit in the outdoor dining area. A bit on the warm side at this time of year, of course, but it was shady, and there was a nice breeze. It was marvelous to see them, even if I didn't dare risk hugging them (though Dad did give me a fist bump goodbye when we parted company).

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have y'all heard that blood type O is less likely to get Covid-19 or have a lighter case of it? I have type O blood. :woot

www.tmc.edu

Blood type may affect COVID-19 outcomes, study shows - TMC News
Preliminary data indicates that those with Type A blood are at greater risk from COVID-19, while Type O blood may offer some protection from the virus.
www.tmc.edu
www.tmc.edu

directorsblog.nih.gov

Genes, Blood Type Tied to Risk of Severe COVID-19
Many people who contract COVID-19 have only a mild illness, or sometimes no symptoms at all. But some develop respiratory failure that requires oxygen support or even a ventilator to help them reco…
directorsblog.nih.gov
directorsblog.nih.gov
Lucky Ducky - I have type A...

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would not take that seriously until it's held up to scrutiny for a while. I feel like there's a lot of guessing, posturing, and postulating going around. Being cautious and doing what makes sense to us until time has had time to disprove/prove things has served us well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.