Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that homeschooling is a wise choice for many people. Proved they could do it to some degree with the stay at home orders.... now finding that the kids are actually getting a better more rounded education. And not around all the distractions, and trouble makers , and other "social problems" ..... But now did you hear that Calf wants to make it illegal to "homeschool".... getting right back to the liberals wanting to control it and now it is backfiring on them. I think that everyone that can, should homeschool. Take back the control of your kids, their education, their attitudes, their health, and even their friends. Give them work to do so they have responsibilities, and make them see that you have to be responsible for your actions and that life is not a free ride that "mommy and daddy" OWE to them.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So our governor got covid tested first one came back positive the second one a quick test came back negative.

Umm, I think you got that a bit mixed up. The rapid test (which is notoriously unreliable) was the first one, the one that came up positive; he's been tested twice since then with the slower, more reliable lab test, and both of those were negative.

Last edited:

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that homeschooling is a wise choice for many people. Proved they could do it to some degree with the stay at home orders.... now finding that the kids are actually getting a better more rounded education. And not around all the distractions, and trouble makers , and other "social problems" ..... But now did you hear that Calf wants to make it illegal to "homeschool".... getting right back to the liberals wanting to control it and now it is backfiring on them. I think that everyone that can, should homeschool. Take back the control of your kids, their education, their attitudes, their health, and even their friends. Give them work to do so they have responsibilities, and make them see that you have to be responsible for your actions and that life is not a free ride that "mommy and daddy" OWE to them.

This is funny. The only homeschool mom I know here in Mass is the liberalist liberal of all time, and she's from California. She can't even stand the thought that the christian "God" is male and tries to teach everyone's kid he's female (Let it go and talk to your own kids later, I keep telling myself, she's a wackajob, but ooo, teaching my kids her own mess of doctrine is SOOO not her job). But I agree. California's uber rules are evil. They're on a plain of existence all on their own and just want to hold (and drag) you by the hand from birth to grave where they want you to go when. Idiots will idiot but it's not the state's job to stop them.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven ...ok, if I knew someone who was trying to tell my kid tgat God is/was..whatever a lady...yes, I’d let it go too..but, man..what a goof...some thoughts...believes..practices..agendas need to be kept at home...That’s just my opinion....

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately she's married to DH's cousin, and he's nice, so I keep mostly quiet. However they keep that marriage together and try to keep her included in their very socially (not necessarily politically) conservative family circle, I'd like to stay out of the potential conflict.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
News flash - science isn't perfect. The quick-and-dirty "point of care" tests have never been 100% accurate - 80-90% is about as good as they get - which is why most states only report the results from the more sensitive, but more time-consuming lab tests.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
If science were perfect they'd have a vaccine to give animals immunity to worms. I'd like that please.

Personally I'd probably avoid the quick test. It's been known to be shabby for a while. I'm still not sure why it's in use since it fails in both directions so frequently.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heard today that NY and PA are also talking that homeschooling should be against the law and that private charter schools should not be allowed unless they "meet certain guidelines" .... and that kids that are being schooled at home need to work on laptops with videocams so that the teachers can monitor WHO is in the room with them and that parents SHOULD NOT be ALLOWED to decide on or control the information the kids are being taught....

PARDON ME but WTF??????

Status
Not open for further replies.