Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
@River Buffaloes are you feeling any better from Covid? I hope so and pray for your recovery.

I recovered from covid19 very quickly. I had symptoms only for a couple of days. Light fever, body ache, weakness in limbs, loss of appetite and loss of taste only for about two days.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope, got to be some "new wonder drug" that costs through the ying yang and is not proven..... so someone can make more money on it by capitalizing on the masses fear.

Sometimes it isn't all about "how can we make sure someone makes the most possible money off of this?" Sometimes, it can be about "I'd rather not be involved in a class-action lawsuit." Ivermectin is a known teratogen (causes birth defects) in animals; they still aren't sure it is completely safe for a pregnant woman and her fetus (or at what dose level it might not be). We know Coronavirus can be seriously bad news for pregnant women and the babies they are carrying; whether or not they are officially on the "at risk" list, they ought to be. What happens when a woman takes Ivermectin prophylactically to avoid getting Covid, (it's available by prescription only for human use), gets pregnant, and then gives birth to a stillborn or impaired child? It would definitely be all about the money then. :rolleyes:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes it isn't all about "how can we make sure someone makes the most possible money off of this?" Sometimes, it can be about "I'd rather not be involved in a class-action lawsuit." Ivermectin is a known teratogen (causes birth defects) in animals; they still aren't sure it is completely safe for a pregnant woman and her fetus (or at what dose level it might not be). We know Coronavirus can be seriously bad news for pregnant women and the babies they are carrying; whether or not they are officially on the "at risk" list, they ought to be. What happens when a woman takes Ivermectin prophylactically to avoid getting Covid, (it's available by prescription only for human use), gets pregnant, and then gives birth to a stillborn or impaired child? It would definitely be all about the money then. :rolleyes:
At 68 I'm not worried about getting pregnant lol, just give me my apple flavored ivermectin cuz I am not going to get the vaccination shots until I see what the the long term effects are...I am perfectly content to stay home with my animals and have decided that wearing a mask can be fun, it makes a senior citizen even more invisible than we normally are when in public :)....who on earth knows what is real and isn't real when it comes to this entire virus pandemic...???

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tell me that gov't agencies are not hypocritical..... all of a sudden the AMA has retracted their statement that hydroxychloroquine is not acceptable for use off label for this c-virus..... Doctors are now being told that they can use it "off-label" if they feel it would be of benefit to their patients...... The sorry bunch of ...... "oh it cannot be used, it could kill you"...... when so many doctors were saying that they had very good results when used as part of a protocol in EARLY TREATMENT.
So if Ivermectin is another possible treatment, off label, then taking into consideration that it might not be good for women of child bearing age.... there are a he// of alot of us that don't need to worry about that.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And why did the AMA do this now...... the elections are over and Pres Trump quit talking about it like he was when it first was brought up back in March and they basically said he was stupid and didn't know what he was talking about when he was promoting it after the doctors had said it was good as a part of the regimen.... and did it help to shorten his actual problem with the virus?????

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
did it help to shorten his actual problem with the virus?????

That is extremely unlikely. He took the hydroxychloroquine in May, after a member of his household staff tested positive; he didn't test positive himself until October. Right now, they aren't even sure the vaccine will provide 6 months of protection; for any drug to still be in your system that long would be incredible and alarming just to think about.

President Trump's wife and son tested positive at the same time as he did. The kid never had any symptoms; if it hadn't been for his parents' illness, he probably wouldn't even have been tested. Melania had a mild case that she supposedly self-medicated with herbal remedies, and other than the fact that she cancelled appearances because she was still hacking up a lung 3 weeks later, she was never very sick. I haven't heard that the particular strain they had has been identified, but there are several strains, and some do seem to be milder (or at least, less likely to result in severe symptoms). It's quite possible that Trump's case would have been relatively short and mild no matter what regimen he was on.

Last edited:

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Under quarantine, waiting on test results. Been 5 days between potential transmission and yesterday when I was called that I should get tested. I dont feel sick but my boss and her dh are positive. She told me on the phone she feels bad but not life threatening. Right before Christmas. Gotta love it.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
The WHO has been saying that for months; based on the same study that showed hydroxychloroquine wasn't helpful, either. :idunno

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts