Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Talked to DS this morning. He says he is feeling better but gets tired real easy. Not 100% but definitely better than last week. Said that GF is feeling pretty good, all she had was the headaches and backaches. They both agreed that it was like a crappy flu.....
That's what my boss said like the flu. I wish them well.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a bout of diarrhea a month or so ago.... something I don't hardly ever get. 4 days of not getting far from the bathroom. Wanted to sleep alot. I think it was the virus.... but my immune system seems to be pretty strong so didn't get too concerned. Made sure I didn't get dehydrated. All the exposure to the cows and things I believe really helps to keep my system healthy. But DS was exposed to his boss at work that was sick for several days, thinking it was just a cold bug, then felt like a flu and got tested and he had it so it was pretty sure thing that DS was going to get it. We don't live in the same house so I was not closely exposed to him.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Co workers Dad passed away from it right after Thanksgiving. Another guy his wife works at a chicken plant. Back in April she spent two weeks in the hospital. He swore up and down it was just the flu. I never heard of anybody in there 30's being that sick from the flu. I work with some really questionable citizens. I keep my mask on all day. I was shoulder to shoulder with my boss her last day at work. She thinks her dh gave it to her from an EMT run he made last week. I believe masks make a difference.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is Covid affecting me?
Well we have this new rapid-spreading variant of which the UK has the majority of cases. I am from Wales.....along with London and the South East, we have the highest proportion of cases with the new variant. Wales has the highest incidence in the UK.....a slightly surreal feeling.
The UK is being (understandably) isolated from the rest of the world. We are in so-called 'tier 4' lockdown....a lonely, empty place for Xmas.
So....feeling isolated, slightly 'unclean'.....hoping the vaccines will help, but knowing that the vaccine rate is pathetically slow!
So...feeling a bit sad and 'untouchable'.....Thank God for modern forms of communication.

Can I take this opportunity of wishing you the best Xmas and New Year possible in this year we nearly all want to forget?

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hearing some weird stuff about the vaxxine.

Some people are saying it can cause Bell's Palsy, and that many people are manifesting bad side effects already. (And its only been out a short time.) When I brought this up with others, someone said it was true.

Another article said that Ohio may possibly force people to take the vaxxine.

This worries me a bit. I don't like this, especially because when ppl were fighting polio, ppl will tell you the very first polio vaccine had big problems with it. Then they needed more time to work out the kinks.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How is Covid affecting me?
Well we have this new rapid-spreading variant of which the UK has the majority of cases. I am from Wales.....along with London and the South East, we have the highest proportion of cases with the new variant. Wales has the highest incidence in the UK.....a slightly surreal feeling.
The UK is being (understandably) isolated from the rest of the world. We are in so-called 'tier 4' lockdown....a lonely, empty place for Xmas.
So....feeling isolated, slightly 'unclean'.....hoping the vaccines will help, but knowing that the vaccine rate is pathetically slow!
So...feeling a bit sad and 'untouchable'.....Thank God for modern forms of communication.

Can I take this opportunity of wishing you the best Xmas and New Year possible in this year we nearly all want to forget?
Sure has been a hard year on all of us. I need to watch Charlie Brown.
Wishing for everyone all the best.
Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.