Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All the news that is the news:
Update; the maintenance man was taken to the hospital yesterday for breathing issues. He was diagnosed last Wednesday. The guy that got it over Christmas came back today. Trying to get in-depth details we were interrupted to no end by the migraine lady with her Friday migraine story. So tommorow I'lll try to catch him while she's intriguing someone else with her medical nightmares. All total 10 people out, 2 definitely have it, 8 awaiting on results.

Crazy times, makes you want to be a mountain top hermit.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can't make this stuff up.
Home again, possible exposure at work. They swabbed both nostrils this time.
Maintenance guy still in hospital. 2nd maintenance man and wife they're both negative as of Saturday .Good thing cuz I'm around her ALOT.
Still can't get contact on the missing guy. Another lady has it as of today. Worked around her 4 days last week. She called out Monday. Here's some Karma she texted her buddy ,says tell them you're sick you'll get off a couple of days with covid pay.
So me and 4 others got sent home today. Myself and the production manager this is our third time in less than 30 days with work exposure. Production manager has a total of 4 times in the same period once because of family.
I was able to talk to the guy who returned finally. Migraine tried her best to interrupt. In my politest fatherly tone, I said "Barbara the adults are talking" She's my age, got the point across though. So the guy tells me it was worse than any flu he's ever experienced. Took about 8 days before he felt like it was passing. Never coughed so hard or so much, fever, chills. No sense of smell or taste. No appetite ,got dehydrated, had to force himself to drink. About 3 or 4 days in he thought seriously about calling for an ambulance because of the coughing. He only saw a Dr to get tested. Only drugs he used was otc robitussin, tylenol, ibuprofen. He's single, luckily his sister lives close and brought him things as needed. That's what my poor memory can recall. His rendition much scarier than mine.
Checked with my boss. She and her husband both received the first vaccination at their firehouse. Don't know who the manufacturer was. As of today they have grown no xtra limbs, changed skin color, experienced hair loss, sprouted gills or experienced weird psychotic fantasy's. I'll check again after the second vaccination. A third eye may yet appear somewhere. Over 9 months of this now and mgmt is finally getting serious about our safety. Now that we have one maintenance man who by the way is 67 works 4 hrs a day and is suffering from liver failure and on the organ list. Oh yeah he's healthy. They're going to run new electric and airlines so people aren't working shoulder to shoulder. Social distance is 6 feet that's room for 4 people. I'm not lying. The computer, printer,bag sealer,2 people packing, the laser part marker all in about an 8 foot square. Count again that's 5 people all within each others reach. I'm supposed to get New protocol for how I do part inspection so that I'm separated. Just can't make it up.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still waiting on the results phone call. Shop supervisor texted me this morning. Maintenance man supposed to get released from the hospital today. Of the 8 people waiting on results 4 are positive now. Still haven't heard about the guy that disappeared. Thankfully I still feel alright, temperature has been 97.8 3 days running.
My wife was vaccinated today, don't know what companies product she got. She drives a bus for the tricounty transit and the state offered it. So bored I watch an episode of Game of Thrones then walk out and fool with the bunnies.
I got interrupted with a text just now. Somebody else has it. Lady that texted said she was sent home 5 hrs after me to get tested on Wednesday. Today Delaware Health department called her she has to get tested again. Her husband is the older maintenance guy. She cares for her 78 yr old Dad. He won't leave the farm and move in with her. No other family close. One brother in Maine the other in Seattle. She was shoulder to shoulder couple of days with one that is positive.
Every sneeze and cough you start wondering...

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok since January 1st out of 18 people in the shop. 8 people have gotten positive tests and are out of work.
All of them sick. Maintenance man waiting on his Dr to clear him. He's the only one who had to be hospitalized so far. Production manager finally caught it she's been home all week.
While I was out one of the "I can't breathe" crowd had a loud verbal altercation with a manager over not wearing her mask. She doesn't have to now, she got fired. One husband and wife team are out. He has it she doesn't. They cleared all tables and chairs from the break room. Have to eat in our cars now. Fine with me, I listen to the radio or call my wife and sit in my truck anyway. 21 ain't starting so good...

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So you are going to get the vaccine? I seen today some politicians said you can't get your stimulus. I'm sorry but I am not getting the experimental rushed new mnra tech vaccine. I'll wait a while and see how everyone else does. I am a school bus driver and have no protection on the bus. Just mask. Kids don't wear the masks right or keep them on. They don't stay away. Chicago Schools were closed since March but now they open for prek and special needs. They are trying to get everyone back in. The teachers don't want to. I can't blame them. The schools are dirty. Kids are kids and always get sick and pass germs. I am going to look for another job, because it's so crazy now. Can't make any money anyways. I wish I had a small farm, I could support myself off of and not have to be around people. Covid has really changed alot. Even just going to store. I'd rather go without something than go to store. It's so stressful going places. And there is alot of crime robberies and car jacking. Those 9 months i was off, I just stayed home, worked outside, walked dogs, and I put up alot of my garden. I know alot of people had the covid, one person that was hospitalized and recovered, and I know two people that passed away. One thing is I know so many people who are in bad health to begin with. High blood pressure, diabetes, over weight. Americans need to do better than the crap they eat. Even the animal feed is all gmo soy and corn.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Rabbitsbysara good for you for having a garden. That’s taking control over your life and providing good food. By your name, do you also raise rabbits? I take it that you live in town, you are doing what you can where you are. I know it’s stressful, hang in there.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes I live in the suburbs right outside of Chicago. It is very stressful and there is so many people! I grew up on a small homestead. I am trying to get some land. My whole little yard is garden, plus I rent two large plots at a community garden. My dad lives a few blocks from me and he also gardens. Yes I have always had rabbits for the kids pets, but now I am selling a few for pets and planning on butchering the ones I'm growing out now. I just had two more litters. I have a nine year old daughter that I have have taught to grow and eat food. Most kids I know don't eat healthy, but my daughter loves veggies and fresh food. She is helping with rabbits and knows we are going to butcher. We also go to the orchards in Michigan and Indiana to pick fruit to can and dehydrate. They closed her school and their e-learning was really stupid, so I signed her up for a homeschool program online. It is much better. We will just wait it out for her, but I always felt her school wasn't the best. But where I live you don't get a choice of schools. I love forums like this where I can exchange with like minded people.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am with @Baymule we won't be getting a vaccine pushed so very fast through the "system" . We are make Christmas goodies and planning on small gatherings this year. Stay home if you're sick. I still am fighting anxiety for the masks....firm believer that you can't control this type of virus and our days set the day we were conceived. To me the masks enforce the idea that we should be terrified of other people. One article told of a guy in NY saying we should view all other people as serial killers. But I am a rule follower and try to respect that many believe the mask makes them safer... so I wear one. Lots of deep breathes and a lifesaver helps as I always seem to need to cough in public... it's too bad that there's no longer anyone who allows for health exceptions...I am sure I am not alone with this anxiety. DH can't wear one very long either, from his past with a clot in his lungs.
But we are blessed, plenty of space and just a few projects to keep us busy.
It's sure a crazy time.
Some of my family members have really bad breathing trouble anyways, being forced to wear a mask literally turns them blue. And, of course, because they can’t breath they cough. It freaks everybody out unfortunately. I really hate seeing the fear in other people’s eyes.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Pretty sure my daughter and I had the covid in December of 2019. Everyone was sick at that time and we were sick for like 2 months with fever coming and going no energy and horrible cough. We had also gotten sick in spring of 2020, but nowhere near as bad. But I can not breathe now and have very low energy. I have shortness of breathe walking, talking, wearing mask makes it worse. I wear mask around others as hopefully it offers me some protection. But we haven't gotten sick again, but we do take alot of precautions! Just makes me very nervous going back to work. I don't have anyway to be away from people. Most people have already had it so they aren't really worried about it anymore, at least in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.