Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So my job has been greatly affected now that I can't go into the classroom. I'm extremely grateful I am still employed, but I HATE teaching online. It's like 500x the work. I am up until 2 or 3 am every night trying to get the stupid online stuff to work. And on top of that, I've got parents telling me I'm a lazy union lackey who needs to get off my a$$ and work, and that I'm a loser who just wants to get paid for nothing. My students ignore me.

Sorry to rant. I'm done now.
Rant away kid just know you are not alone.
I hear parents at work. Not complaining about the teachers but the online problems. Most were out at school years beginning. They couldn't believe how some of the other kids acted. Even online they disrupt the class. Passwords change, new ones don't work. A 7 yr old with Grandma trying to get the laptop to work. Calling Mom at work, she's calling the school then calling the child to relay the info. Not supposed to have their phone at work. One lady broke out in tears. :idunno please don't grade me for grammar and spelling.

Aunt Angus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I can imagine parents are frustrated! I would probably go crazy if I was in their situation!

It's a bad situation for everyone. I just wish parents wouldn't take it out on me. I'm just doing what I'm told. I'd much rather be in the classroom. One district not far from ours reopened at the beginning of January and had to close again last week because most of the staff got sick, and there weren't enough people left to run the school. At our school, we are getting reports of kids - nearly a dozen each day - who have come down with COVID.

We are supposed to get the vaccine soon. I am supposed to get it even though I already had COVID. I haven't decided if I'll agree to ig or not. My sister (doctor) says there are 2 kinds. One she won't get, the other she says is ok. But I'm thinking I'll refuse it and let the county give it to someone else since I'm not likely to get sick again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Aunt Angus look on the previous page for my post on using ivermectin. It has also been used for the after effects and for people who are called long haulers. It has just been approved by the NIH. Ask your sister about it.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs@Aunt Angus sorry it's been so very tough.
I have said again and again, I've been so blessed to have decided to homeschool 4 years ago. My kiddos and I haven't had to go the many transitions that the PS kids and Teachers have. Our local schools are back in session since last fall and yes there were cases at times but overall it's what needed to be done. Too many kids need the school to have some consistency in their lives. So yes when these schools go back that haven't they need to expect cases.

You can't hide from it. My husband's grandfather has it... he went to live in a nursing home last March, 10 days before the shut down..... He's been there since, only was allowed visitors a bit last summer out side and "don't touch". He got the vaccine earlier this month... yet he is positive. Fortunately the NH is saying no symptoms are being seen at this time (it's a week in) as he also has emphysema.

If we get it I'll be like @Baymule... bring on the ivermectin! but I still think it went through my family Dec 2019... but is hard to say.

Aunt Angus

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
@Aunt Angus look on the previous page for my post on using ivermectin. It has also been used for the after effects and for people who are called long haulers. It has just been approved by the NIH. Ask your sister about it.
I have read it, and I will ask her!

I know others have it a lot worse than I do. I rarely complain, but it feels good to let off some steam! Haha!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Some of the people that tested positive came back today. Only the maintenance guy went to the hospital. He said he couldn't get a breath anymore. He spent 4 days on oxygen. Started feeling better and was sent home. Wasn't getting any rest anyway. Other two had bad chills,felt crappy. The one guy said it was like the worse flu he ever had. We're still trying to figure out was it all transmitted at work or outside, why it skipped around. Hit 1 skipped 2, hit 2 skipped 2 more. I'm in and out missed me entirely then 30 feet away that guy has it and his wife doesn't. I don't get it. Hand sanitizer is making my hands itch and breakout. Brand they are using is from a local distillery, it smells like good bourbon though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some of the people that tested positive came back today. Only the maintenance guy went to the hospital. He said he couldn't get a breath anymore. He spent 4 days on oxygen. Started feeling better and was sent home. Wasn't getting any rest anyway. Other two had bad chills,felt crappy. The one guy said it was like the worse flu he ever had. We're still trying to figure out was it all transmitted at work or outside, why it skipped around. Hit 1 skipped 2, hit 2 skipped 2 more. I'm in and out missed me entirely then 30 feet away that guy has it and his wife doesn't. I don't get it. Hand sanitizer is making my hands itch and breakout. Brand they are using is from a local distillery, it smells like good bourbon though.
January 2020, our daughter got sick and their two youngest daughters did too. Son in law didn't get sick, nor their 13 year old daughter. I babysat the two littles, held and rocked them. My husband got sick, I didn't. We think it was Covid, it took several trips to doctor, rounds of antibiotics and steriod shots for my husband and daughter to kick it. Last month, we described it to DH's doctor and he agreed that it was more than likely Covid. My point is, it skipped around people in the same household. Why? Dunno. :idunno

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My mom just got over it, she is 77... pretty much just a mild cold for her.. she said she was a bit tired for 3 days... :hu

Brother in law in mid 50s who just a few years back had a huge cancerous mass on his almost ruptured intestines had almost zero symptoms but tested positive... his wife, my sis (only 45) is way worse than my mom.

Crazy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.