Coronavirus Covid-19 Is it Affecting You and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, and make that 108 ILLEGAL ALIENS with COVID in TEXAS.
So, I'm confused.

"A pandemic-related measure that allows the Border Patrol to expel people without an opportunity to seek asylum potentially leads some to try to evade authorities instead of surrendering, sometimes with fatal consequences. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention introduced expulsion powers nearly a year ago under Trump, and the Biden administration has signaled no plans to lift them anytime soon."

That^^ came from an article about 13 migrants that died in a crash of an overloaded SUV in California yesterday, where human smugglers dug up/tore down a section of the existing border fence to try to avoid the Border Patrol. Why are people risking their lives to get into California, if all they have to do is waltz into Texas and they get welcomed with open arms? Somethin' don't compute, here.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are right, something doesn’t compute here. 108 are positive for Covid and not being returned to their own country. Many are not even being tested.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
What doesn't compute? Which state would you consider safer to enter illegally?
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make; nobody is shooting at these people. It's the Border Patrol that they are trying to avoid in California, and they would be armed regardless of local handgun regulations. :idunno

According to what I posted, the Border Patrol has the power to expel people regardless, and I would think that a positive Covid test would be ample justification. So, why is the Border Patrol releasing people in Brownsville, Texas, and why does Brownsville feel they are helpless to do anything about it? Is it possible that these people aren't actually "illegal," in the sense that they have some sort of paperwork allowing them to come into the country, and that's why they aren't getting sent back?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The present administration is letting illegal aliens in. If it were up to Texas, they would go right back, but federal law by way of executive order is releasing them. And no, they don’t have paperwork to legalize their entry. I don’t see what is so confusing about this. A certain political party is opening the borders. To top it off, the very day 108 covid positive illegal aliens were released into our communities, Texas gets called Neanderthals. Any further discussion on this will get too political and we aren’t supposed to do that.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a Dr. Appointment today....when finally alone in the room with we started talking about covid,...I asked her how she made out with it, she said that athough she works with all kinds of patients, it was her husband that brought it home to her but he never got it . then I simply asked if it was worse than having a bad flu,"... "much much worse and I was really sick and missed fourteen days of work, then I had the first vaccination with out any problems, but the second shot game me a golf ball lump, hurt like hell and I was as so sick that I missed another two days of work" ...She asked me if I was getting one....I said nope ..unless you can convince me of a really good reason..., I stay at home most always , wear a mask when I shop , and I don't trust the rush it was created in.....so CONVICE ME why I would want to change my opinion and the covid vaccine.....the response was " YOUR A SMART WOMAN, ( big smile ) and said I am supposed to discuss it with my patients ..you made a good decision "....then I asked how long she thought masks will be required......"AT LEAST FOUR MORE years .."..
I. guess I'll get my sewing machine ready to make some funky fun covid masks ;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of all this carried way too far nonsense..... anyone see anything of the last installment of the covid relief stimulus? I get my SS direct deposited around the middle of the month, so didn't pay much attention to the deposit pending notice on my bank account when checking it.... Then I went in to see what had cleared and saw a much larger balance than I expected.... my paycheck usually gets deposited on Friday's, every other week and this is the week so I went in to see what my paycheck was.... it depends on which of my farms have processed so is never them same and I've been doing this for 30 years so I just pull my statement from work and check off which farms processed by the cut off date for that paycheck. But this was only Thursday and it never gets put in before a Friday and on Thursday I will see a pending deposit notice. Anyway, I see where I got my SS deposit AND a 1400 deposit from the IRS Treasury dept..... so they are in a rush to get these stimulus checks out.

Now, don't take this wrong..... I don't NEED this money to make it.... Yes it is a nice bonus.... but I don't have to have it to survive. I would have gladly done without it if there had been some sense in the government and they did not get so insane with the money in that ridiculously over priced bill that was passed and that will actually do very little to actually help in the long run.
But, it is what it is. So, I have money I didn't figure into the budget for anything. I am not sure of the status for paying taxes on this. It will not affect my SS since I do not make near enough extra income from my job to jeopardize my SS in anyway... in fact, I am not sure that there is a limit on my earnings now....due to my age..... but no matter... I never make enough to have to give back any SS from high earnings.

It will come in handy I am sure. I may take part of it and go buy the recliner once I get the rest of everything moved here. I have gotten all my CC's paid off, (except one that is 3.5%, so that is fine) that I was charging on with the moving and paying 2 "payments " with the mtg and rent payments, in order to have money available for the floor sanding and all sorts of other things.... and that one will be paid off fairly soon.

Hope everyone gets their "fair share" since they are giving away money left and right to everything else. There is talk now about increasing the taxes on businesses... which they say is NOT a tax on the working people... but the businesses will just up the prices they charge for goods and services and the working man is the one paying them... it will not hurt the multi million dollar businesses, they will pass it on as business costs that get figured into the cost of their products. So in the long run it is a tax on us... it just is not called that.

Gas went up here again... 2.69 and MORE, at different stations....

Status
Not open for further replies.