Cougar Attack!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Me too! We have coyotes too. They are right across the street howling this time of year, but they've never even tried to get in the pasture where the dogs are.
We don't have coyote's here. The worst enemy is human beings. I can't forget the first time we got one of our animals got stolen. not to mention the money that we shelved out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL Carson is a big baby, but he sure wasn't that night! Even though he and Ron are friends, Carson was on full out protection mode and Ron did right to be careful.

Yes there are cougars here and always have been. Some 40 years ago, I was camped out on Lake Livingston, just me and my dog, an Australian Shepherd. She didn't want in the back of the truck where I was sleeping until a cougar lit up and started screaming. Then she nearly clawed the paint off the truck until I got up and put her in the back of the truck with me.

We don't have coyote's here. The worst enemy is human beings. I can't forget the first time we got one of our animals got stolen. not to mention the money that we shelved out.

I would rather have the coyotes than thieves. We heard coyotes killing a dog last night on the property next to us. The noise had several of us neighbors outside listening. The barking was a frightened dog under attack, punctuated with the yip, yip, yip of coyotes. Then it went silent. A neighbor said his dog was missing, we think we know where she went. :(

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL Carson is a big baby, but he sure wasn't that night! Even though he and Ron are friends, Carson was on full out protection mode and Ron did right to be careful.

Yes there are cougars here and always have been. Some 40 years ago, I was camped out on Lake Livingston, just me and my dog, an Australian Shepherd. She didn't want in the back of the truck where I was sleeping until a cougar lit up and started screaming. Then she nearly clawed the paint off the truck until I got up and put her in the back of the truck with me.

I would rather have the coyotes than thieves. We heard coyotes killing a dog last night on the property next to us. The noise had several of us neighbors outside listening. The barking was a frightened dog under attack, punctuated with the yip, yip, yip of coyotes. Then it went silent. A neighbor said his dog was missing, we think we know where she went. :(
It's close to breeding time for coyotes here. Not a good time for a loose dog. :(

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

we both know where she went alright... come to think of it. its a natural thing... you know, predator vs prey. the responsibility for our dogs not to be prey lies in us taking good care of then. I mean. I won't even think to let my dog stay outdoors knowing there's a coyote around...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our place is completely fenced in 2"x4"x48" non climb horse wire and a gate across the driveway. Predators can still jump in or dig under, but a good fence is a deterrent, plus big barky dogs make predators think twice and go else where for an easier meal. A bobcat jumped in, but met with resistance and left. The fence and the dogs make human thieves pass us by as well. We lock everything up, and we are not an easy target.

When we first moved here, we never let our house dogs outside without us being with them. There were no fences to keep them from chasing after a coyote and falling into a trap.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where are you located and what kind of animals do you have?

Latest posts