Coughing Ewe-No fever

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
REALLY? Yikes, thanks for giving me a head's up on that. I don't really have a way to weigh them, though, but I can get a pretty close guesstimate.

SheepGirl

Master of Sheep
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
SuburbanFarmChic said:
Please make sure you have accurate weights on your animals before dosing with Levamisol. It is very easy to overdose to a toxic level.
I've heard that too, but I haven't found it to be true. The breeder I got my ram from (a vet) gave my ram (~100 lbs when I bought him) a 200 lb dose of Levamisole when I picked him up. The next day I gave him a 200 lb dose of Cydectin and a 200 lb dose of Safeguard. He's still alive lol

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We didn't treat her with Ivermictin this most recent time, we gave her Safeguard. Well I guess like Straw said, Safeguard does not work on lungworm!

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SheepGirl said:
SuburbanFarmChic said:
Please make sure you have accurate weights on your animals before dosing with Levamisol. It is very easy to overdose to a toxic level.
I've heard that too, but I haven't found it to be true. The breeder I got my ram from (a vet) gave my ram (~100 lbs when I bought him) a 200 lb dose of Levamisole when I picked him up. The next day I gave him a 200 lb dose of Cydectin and a 200 lb dose of Safeguard. He's still alive lol
I wonder if it is more for goats or some other animal. I've always been told to get exact weights if possible because it's so easy to OD them.

I regularly triple and quadruple doses of Ivermectin and Safeguard but have honestly never used Levamisole because of my misgivings about dosing it accurately.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Yes be SURE to weigh them. It can, will, and does KILL your animals if not dosed right. Some wormers are very safe, this is not.