Coughing kid

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay, thanks!
No, it is long acting as well. It doesn't sting as much though and is my preference when I can get it locally.

I had it wrong in my previous post...it is Noramycin 300 LA and Biomycin 200, but both are long acting. The only short acting Oxcytet. that I have found is Agrimycin 200. If you have a goat that is really really sick, high fever, etc. the short acting is nice as it will act faster. The long acting takes more time to get into the blood stream. (or so I have been told...I am not a vet) Of course if they are that sick a vet would be better but sometimes we have to do what we can without the vet.

rochelle~loves~goats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So I have a question, which do you recommend for a cough? My Nigerian has had a cough for about 2 weeks & I've noticed once in awhile his nose dips...now it's getting cold out I need to nip this in the butt, would appreciate any help. He eats, drinks, plays normal, no signs of any illness...❤️

Rescuechick76

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So I have a question, which do you recommend for a cough? My Nigerian has had a cough for about 2 weeks & I've noticed once in awhile his nose dips...now it's getting cold out I need to nip this in the butt, would appreciate any help. He eats, drinks, plays normal, no signs of any illness...❤️
I brought my lil guy in and the vet prescribed him nuflor. It seemed to help a little, but within a few days of the last dose he was coughing a lot again. So now we are gonna try oxytetracyine. Hoping this takes care of it. My poor lil guy :(