Could be emergency?? Please help!

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Very curious what happened with your goat??
Mine is due any day and I’m trying to take in as much info as I can. And honestly I’ve been stalking this post…I need more details!! Thanks!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any kids?

Probably at full term since she was running with bucks. Udder can suddenly appear after giving birth. I have had mamas develope giant udders halfway through pregnancy, and others not show any udder development until they give birth. Same with size of animal. Have had sheep with huge barrels an only one lamb and others that look like they are not bred deliver large twins. Just like people they are a different.

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My father-in-law asked what have I been up to today. I said staring at my goat’s rear end. He choked on his drink😉
I too finally came in and called it a night… praying she waits until morning. She and I are both newbies at this kidding business, I’m hoping she’ll allow me to help. Or at least observe🤷🏼‍♀️

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If things are going well, it's best to observe.

Most often, things go along just fine, although we are a nervous wreck. I've rarely had to help my goats but, there have been a couple over the years. Nothing major. I've been lucky. Last year I had preemies once -- first in over 20 yrs.

Mini horses, more assists and some were not successful. Even two c-sections. But far more good than bad over the many years I raised them. 👍

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
To be 100% honest I’m not nervous in any way at all. I’ve seen tons on animal births and have assisted with births of up to triplets in goats before. However I would like to be there because it will be Notre Lee’s first time.
I’m definitely nervous. I’ve never assisted in animal births. I’ve only ever been present at the births of my own children. I have watched hours of births of goats on YouTube. It’s a dinner time show for me now🤭my family sits by and silently eats🫣
I’m hoping and praying everything goes smooth and Rainy has some internal instincts and I’m just an observer🙏

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So her ligs are softening again, no discharge, slight development in her udder, hollowed out flanks like her belly has dropped. I’ll try and get a pic. She doesn’t look pregnant at all but she was confirmed pregnant, I promise😉

She’s a very flighty goat, so it’s hard to get pics of her…

Latest posts