Could my little doeling be sprouting horns?

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's precious! It's tough being the new kid on the block and have to worm yourself into the herd.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Perhaps those bumps aren't horns after all? I think they are just bumps, haven't gotten any bigger. :idunno

She's been acting like herself more lately too. The herd dynamic changed a bit when I introduced the livestock guardian dog. The balance of power shifted and now Sandy is the herd queen and Patsy has been bumped out of her #1 spot. Patsy has been picking on this little girl lately, I think due to an inferiority complex now that Sandy is in charge and pushing Patsy around. I guess its a trickle down effect.

Anyway, now that everyone is used to each other and they are no longer intimidated by the dog. The bullying is now at a minimum and our little girl is her old self again! :D

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, my little girl is just fine. Don't think she's getting horns, just a bumpy head. I brought two little wethers home last night, about her age and she is her old self again! Actually, she is her NEW self! She loves having these guys her own size to push around! The first thing she did was head butt them! She's even going up on her hind legs and head butting them! She's too little to hurt them though, so its really cute! :D She knows that she has seniority and she's not afraid to use it! I'll have to get some pics of them later today. Everyone is cold this morning standing around all "puffed up"!