Counting Lambs

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is your ewe doing? I hope she is improving.
Thank you.
Yesterday she came down last for her ewe nuts, her front knees folded, she got up and then almost walked into a silage feeder. I coaxed her indoors and squeezed in some Twin Lamb solution. She was reluctant to eat ewe nuts. I gave her some digestive biscuits, then later she ate buttered bread. Unfortunately, this morning she will not eat at all and is panting....I think she has pneumonia. I've treated her with what antibiotics I have as I cannot get 'stronger' ones from the vet due to blocked roads. I don't hold out too much hope for her.

I've only ever had to actively treat Twin Lamb Disease once before as my girls usually are 'well covered' and they get plenty to eat. This year the extreme temperatures have meant some are unable to cope with the metabolic requirements of late pregnancy.
Roll on Spring.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit And you feel so helpless..... It breaks my heart for you and for your ewe. I know you are doing the best that you can for her and your entire flock. The weather sure has thrown you a curve ball. I hope the weather clears and spring arrives soon, like NOW. :hugs

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
The 'warts and all' saga continues.....7 days until day 147....so lambs could arrive any time. The weather is atrocious, I have one very sick ewe who is expecting triplets who I am not expecting to survive , and we have mud on mud on mud and frequent snow showers.

Here's a few of the girls for whom this may be the last picture i take of the flock before they have their lambs.

7days to go (2).jpg

7days to go.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is Marilyn doing? Please keep us posted on the ewe with triplets. Would be most unfortunate for you to lose her or the trips.

Yeah, I think mud is one of the levels of Dante's Inferno.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really pulling for your ewes to all come through this ok. Hoping you come through this ok too. Keep us posted.