Country Companion feeds

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I stumbled across this brand on my quest to find a good quality feed for the best price. The mill is in Texas and the feed is considerably less expensive than other brands I’ve looked at - by $2 to $5 per 50.

The nutritional breakdown seems good. For my needs - a lactating doe and one of her two kids joining me in a couple of weeks as my firsties.

I couldn’t find any credible bad reviews or recalls online. So, I thought I’d ask if anyone here has experience with Country Companion or has any thoughts on it?
IMG_2705.jpeg
IMG_2706.jpeg

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I should add, my first choice (or so I thought) was a brand carried by my local chicken feed supply store. But the goat feed I wanted was medicated. I prefer nonmedicated because (1) I’m consuming the milk and (2) I’m not a fan of medicating unless there is an identified illness to treat.

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across this brand on my quest to find a good quality feed for the best price. The mill is in Texas and the feed is considerably less expensive than other brands I’ve looked at - by $2 to $5 per 50.

The nutritional breakdown seems good. For my needs - a lactating doe and one of her two kids joining me in a couple of weeks as my firsties.

I couldn’t find any credible bad reviews or recalls online. So, I thought I’d ask if anyone here has experience with Country Companion or has any thoughts on it?View attachment 99256View attachment 99257
Can't say anything about their goat feed but i use Country Companion 20% protein All Flock for my chickens, guineas and turkeys. For the price is is a decent feed.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try it and watch to see how the goats do on it. if they don't do well or you don't like the feed then you can change. Price should always be considered as long as the ingredients are the same and the mineral makeup is equivalent.

Good luck with your new goats.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked them up, I’m always interested in not spending as much money. I found their web site, looks like the front page is all they got. Either that or I’m incredibly stupid and can’t find my way around the internet. Also looks like they’re priced higher than what I’m using, and have been using for 20+ years.

Martindale Feed, I use the all purpose 14% pellet, pay $14 per 50 pound bag. I fed it to my horses for years, then sheep, feeder pigs and even laying hens.

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I looked them up, I’m always interested in not spending as much money. I found their web site, looks like the front page is all they got. Either that or I’m incredibly stupid and can’t find my way around the internet. Also looks like they’re priced higher than what I’m using, and have been using for 20+ years.

Martindale Feed, I use the all purpose 14% pellet, pay $14 per 50 pound bag. I fed it to my horses for years, then sheep, feeder pigs and even laying hens.
Yeah, that lone front page makes me think they are a small company, possibly without an IT department. Not a dealbreaker but I wanted to see if the there was more info out there on them.

I will see if Martindale is available in my area and price compare. Otherwise, I may give the Country Companion a try.

mistichd

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

It's not a one-page site. At least it isn't now. It doesn't have a full menu, just the hamburger menu like you see on mobile sites. That being said, I can't find the manufacturer. Do you know who makes it? I'm trying to get away from Purina.

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's not a one-page site. At least it isn't now. It doesn't have a full menu, just the hamburger menu like you see on mobile sites. That being said, I can't find the manufacturer. Do you know who makes it? I'm trying to get away from Purina.
I assume you are asking about Country Companion. If not, … oops.

This is right off the back of a bag I just bought. Not sure where Purina operates from, but a comparison to locations should be pretty easy to check.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 69

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No I don’t know who makes it.

Latest posts