Court convicts raw milk farmer on appeal

FarmGuru

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
(Toronto Sun ) A controversial and defiant dairy farmer north of Toronto has been convicted on multiple counts of selling raw milk to his customers.

Michael Schmidt, who has been fighting a battle to deal in unpasteurized milk at his Grey County farm ever since it was raided by government officials in 2006, was convicted on 15 of 19 charges after the Ontario Court of Justice reversed a lower court decision to acquit him last year.

Shortly after Schmidts acquittal, the province and the Grey Bruce health unit appealed the decision.

Complete News Here

http://pakagri.blogspot.com/2011/09/court-convicts-raw-milk-farmer-on.html

FarmGuru

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
so what are the consequences

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
If you don't do as the UN says because the US or Canada has no law stating that you can not sell or distribute unpasturized milk. Period. But the UN Charter has it in it. UN, better known as the "Rural Commission" will have FULL control of ALL foods. They will tell you what you can and can not do with your livestock. Also they will have the ability to confiscate any livestock, including farm property, all under the sake of "the better good of the WORLD".

So this poor guy is going to be made an example of. That's why the lower court decisions were overturned.

Welcome to the New World Order. Like it? I don't. Better start realizing what's going on. This is no longer a Country of Freedoms. It's going to be One World Order, controlled through the UN and it's Charter. No more Bill of Rights. No more Constitution.

Read the "Rural Commission" Also remember under the UN US, Canada, and mexico will all be grouped together.

It always starts out with "how many people they can protect and save". It always starts this way. Great Example: Food for Oil. That was their trial run. And we need not discuss what actually occurred. Or how about United Way? Another UN attempt to help the people. HAHA. Save the World, and we are going to pay for it dearly.

Time to read. Time to study. Because if you don't know what's really going on, you will find yourself in the same position as this poor bloke.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry to correct you. But being from Canada and very involved in this agenda I can tell you that there are laws that state it is illegal to BUY, SELL, OR GIVE AWAY raw dairy. They have existed for decades. Individual states do have laws against this practice but they are gradually being overturned or modified to allow access.

Where this one steps over the line is that the decision basically leans into " It is illegal to own or co-own a dairy animal, and milk that animal with the intent of consuming it."

Having said that I would suggest that we step back for a second and reread what we may want to post. As this is a very volatile topic and has some backlash that can step on a farmers or persons rights I would like to see this topic remain open.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Note: 1955 royal comission in Canada ordered the dairy boards to allow for a mechanism to keep raw dairy available for those who chose it. It has been ignored to date.

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just gotta say why shouldn't someone be able to sell raw milk to someone who knows the health risks?? The tobacco & alcohol companies are allowed to sell their products with a warning on the label. He has a good point...

People don't need as much protection from "natural" foods as they do from all these cancer causing chemicals they are putting into all these processed foods imo. People should be allowed to be responsible for their own health. Should the grocery stop selling raw eggs because people might ingest them raw & get salmonella??

Just like people choose to take the risk with alcohol & tobacco, like responsible adults they should be able to choose to take a risk with the foods they ingest. As long as it is disclosed that the food/product could be dangerous, I don't see what the problem is. As a matter of fact, I am not even sure that raw milk has been proven to have health risks has it?

Besides, what is life without some kind of risk?? Boring.... ;)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:
Just gotta say why shouldn't someone be able to sell raw milk to someone who knows the health risks?? The tobacco & alcohol companies are allowed to sell their products with a warning on the label. He has a good point...

People don't need as much protection from "natural" foods as they do from all these cancer causing chemicals they are putting into all these processed foods imo. People should be allowed to be responsible for their own health. Should the grocery stop selling raw eggs because people might ingest them raw & get salmonella??

Just like people choose to take the risk with alcohol & tobacco, like responsible adults they should be able to choose to take a risk with the foods they ingest. As long as it is disclosed that the food/product could be dangerous, I don't see what the problem is. As a matter of fact, I am not even sure that raw milk has been proven to have health risks has it?

My opinion too. People need to be informed of the risk and then be allowed to make a decision for themselves.

The problem comes that when something bad happens people in general want to place the blame on someone other than themselves...and if they cannot take the blame for their own mistake then it creates problems - and that is why these things ended up being regulated.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
that's*satyrical said:

I agree. But would have to add that if one is producing the product they have a responsibility to do so in a safe and responsible manner. This is where the consumer needs to practice a little due diligence.

Here is some good reading for you on the history and current position. http://wildthingorganics.com/milk.pdf

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some of the numbers in the pasteurized/raw comparisons are hard to take into account because the study does not show how many people are drinking raw vs. pasteurized milk, but it is still a good reference. Thanks for that.