cow having a calf and she just ate a rubber glove

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Start milking her right away at what would be your normal milking time for her. We milk our cows the first milking after they freshen. Otherwise if you delay, you could be looking at mastitis right away. Don't use the milk for human consumption for minimum of 3 days, if she was dry treated I would hold it 4 days as most dry treatments are an 8 milking hold. You can use the milk for the calf. If you have other calves on milk replacer I would not switch them to milk. That is a cause of the scours.

Milk her twice a day-12 hours or so apart.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
as said start milking her twice a day 12hrs apart.an discard the milk an feed it to her calf.it takes 3 or 4 days for the milk to clear up an turn white.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
What breed is she? You feed the calf according to its breed/size, and you may want to try 3x day feedings if it's super cold out. Just be very careful not to overfeed.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In one of NATIVO's other posts it says she is a holstein/(milking)? shorthorn/dexter cross. How is the little one?

How is the cow doing? Did she pass the glove or did you have to call the vet?

How's milking going?

NATIVO

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I think that most of the placenta has passed.. She still has a little bit hanging out... The calf is doing great... !!.. I am not bottle feeding her, just letting momma take care of her...

Still no glove.. But momma seems fine

Latest posts