cow limping

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Reba back leg. Shes holding it up when she standing, and has a hard time walking some what dragging it???? Kind it looks she uses her hip to lift it.What wrong. Doesn't look broken. But what do I know??????? :hit very worried!!!!!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
We had one that sounded kinda like that, she had a big nail in her foot?

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well, I guess I'll try to look at her foot. I'll do it while she eat's in the moring. I know that tonight I won't be able to. She didn't let me touch it when she was eating dinner. But thank you for responding. It's a start. Mare

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
are you talking about those warts of the foot. I saw something about that in the net, when I was looking up just warts, right before the fair. Because one of the steers had warts, but was taken care of before it came in to the fair. The good thing on that reba was there first and was home by the time it was the steers day to be bought in. Thank You I'll look for that too! Maare

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Strawberry warts are big ugly strawberry red growths on the feet. Far different virus than the body warts. They can spread like wildfire in a herd. Have to put them thru a footbath to cure them. Some farms keep footbaths onsite to prevent them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She could also have stepped wrong and twisted/sprang her ankle. She could also have hoof rot that would cause soreness. Or banged her leg on something and have a nasty bruise. You will need to check her leg and foot out carefully and throughly.

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well I went out to feed. Now that the dawn is coming. She's still limping. I tried to look at it really close but I don't see any cuts, nothing out of weird . Just a little puff and straighter then the other.Haven seen the bottom cause she moves it when i touch it.So when she started walking I looked to see if I could see the bottom , even with my glasses on couldn't see a thing. I also tried to look for and bite marks. :idunno She's eatting good and drinking. Is that a good sign!!!!!!:)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sounds like she has a case of footrot.or could have a rock or something tween her toes.is it wet or muddy at your place.