Cow won't stop mooing - here we go again - NOT!! Update on Page 4

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Cows will still ride when a bull is around. Mostly because ditto what JHM said, and the other part is to attract the bull to the menagerie they're putting on.

Blame the female that's in heat. :)

Sjisty

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Here we go again - Minnie was mooing constantly yesterday afternoon. Then we saw Sir Loin "silence" her the way only a bull can! She has been quiet ever since - maybe we will have a Minnie Me in about nine months.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sjisty said:
Here we go again - Minnie was mooing constantly yesterday afternoon. Then we saw Sir Loin "silence" her the way only a bull can! She has been quiet ever since - maybe we will have a Minnie Me in about nine months.
:lol: :gig well, glad she finally got what she wanted. :love

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
And HOW many days was it since your FIRST post? Hmmm?
Now the question is.... is the bull effective or is she cystic?
ANother 18-22 days will tell. See.. it's much easier to diagnose a problem when they bawl in heat :)

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Haha you all complain, I am surrounded on almost all sides by varying herds of cattle and it is a CONSTANT noise around here!! .. All day and night long, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D

annabell

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
It's one thing when YOUR cow is mooing non-stop, but your neighbor's?
Our next door neighbor has a ton of meat cows. They are right next to our yard and all female, except when they give birth to male calves. When they are now bred or are giving birth they won't stop mooing! :he :rant Noisy things... Then there are the other neighbor's Braying donkeys, Guineas (I don't mind them that much) and horses (I don't mind them much either) at least the second neighbor's camels don't make that much noise...

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
annabell said:

Our next door neighbor has a ton of meat cows. They are right next to our yard and all female, except when they give birth to male calves. When they are now bred or are giving birth they won't stop mooing!
You sure they're all male calves? Most of the time the sex of calves born is more like 50-50 or 60-40 either way (bulls and heifers). I find it kinda unusual that beef cows would be mooing all the time when it's calving season, you'd have more bellering during weaning than with calving. Just saying.

his1911

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
annabell said:
Our next door neighbor has a ton of meat cows. They are right next to our yard and all female, except when they give birth to male calves. When they are now bred or are giving birth they won't stop mooing! :he :rant Noisy things... Then there are the other neighbor's Braying donkeys, Guineas (I don't mind them that much) and horses (I don't mind them much either) at least the second neighbor's camels don't make that much noise...
You don't live near me do you by chance??? I ask that cause we presently have like 3 grown bulls, 55 mama cows, like 5 roosters and 40 chickens, 8 guineas, 2 donkeys , 4 dogs, 2 kids and I work 2nd shift something is always making noise around here!!!!!