Cowboy - It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Decided to brag on another great dog at my place: Gracie! She is an English Shepherd - farm dog extraordinaire!

This morning she slipped out with me to feed. Usually I don't take her with because she's so busy hunting for vermin that the goats get a little nervous. But, today she insisted! About two seconds later I hear her excited little yelp and look over at the area around the nest boxes where two broodies are sitting rather unsuccessfully and now I know why. Maybe they'll have more luck now that there's one less possum in the world!

Yay Gracie!!

image-jpg.8024

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH cleaned up the possum carcass tonight... that possum was BIG! After the possum episode this morning I saw a bobcat cross the road a couple houses down from our place. GEEZE! It wasn't a big one, but sure makes me believe that they are breeding around here! Glad I've got Cowboy and Maddie guarding the pasture and Gracie to cover the other area.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
good girl gracie!! last year JJ caught her first possum and she was so funny, she did the crunch, crunch, shake, shake thing and all the while her front legs were shaking like a leaf 'cause she had never seen, much less tackled a possum before. she did good but emma said here let me show you what to do with one of those things and went slappity, slappity, bang bang, bang on the thing to finish it. and since I never trust that a possum is really dead I went bang at it too. another one bites the dust. they got another one out back of my house a couple of weeks ago and this is the possum that JJ got all by herself day before yesterday. bhaaaaaaa IMG_2463.JPG