Cowboy - It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice you need to add some spotted Nubians to live with Ruby.

Kinders are Pygmy x Nubian but isn't the sire a pygmy? So are you using the Nubian buck just to improve the does you use to "make" kinders? Or do you breed Kinder does to a Nubian buck?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kinders are Pygmy x Nubian but isn't the sire a pygmy? So are you using the Nubian buck just to improve the does you use to "make" kinders? Or do you breed Kinder does to a Nubian buck?
All of the above. Never intended to breed a Kinder to the Nubian buck - but stuff happens. My Kinders are good sized goats - not as tall as a Nubian, but they have big barrels and the one first freshener doe bred to the Nubian buck was just fine. And, she had a big single doeling.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stuff happens for sure. I just had my 12 year old herd matriarch stand up and get bred...in a NY minute. I didn't even know that she was in heat or Jumanji would not have been let out of his "cell". Here comes the lute.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loved the pic, and I saw that tiny little Pygmy right away. They are so adorable!
I would probably just carry one around though :hide At the State fair there was a Pygmy show going on. Some were done seriously nice looking goats and oh so tiny!

Cowboy looks great!

So sorry about your parents house- I just can't imagine. You are a great daughter :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks GW! Chester (the pygmy) is a doll - and full of personality!

Cowboy - he's a bonifide "mess"! But still a great boy.

There is a fella right down from me that raises sheep and his pasture butts right up to my pasture. Well - silly guy got a new dog (boxer) and keeps him in his pasture with his sheep. Cowboy and Maddie were absolutely AGHAST that there is another dog just a fence away from "their" goats. Wow - the first day the new dog was out there was absolutely awful. Cowboy and Maddie would run to the dividing fence - cuss that dog out - and then run the goats back to the barn. Cowboy spent a lot of time staying right with the herd for the next week or so.

So glad that this guy has a heavy duty six foot chain link fence on that side. I really don't want Cowboy committing murder on somebody else's "lgd"! A coyote, stray dog, or bobcat is another story! Speaking of coyotes... another neighbor said he saw one cross the road right in front of our house...coming from the direction of our house a couple nights ago! YIKES! Mom has been complaining that the dogs are barking a lot at night. I'm guessing that's why!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cowboy has a new kid!!!! He loves his new kid. He loves his new kid enough to jump the fence and go visit him every time the kid is out! This is the little boy next door. Cowboy just loves him - and he loves Cowboy!

image-jpg.5615
image-jpg.5616

They are kind enough to put a little rope on him and hold him for me too!