Cowboy - It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
And, Cowboy has the best Christmas present EVER! A brand new electric fence charger thingy.... I've hesitated because of the kiddos next door - they love to go visit the animals and little T (Cowboy's new kid) is a climber. I seriously do NOT want him to get bitten by the fence! :(

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
He won't get bitten more than once. Best explain it to him well first. Not sure how he can really understand it though, other than "it will make a big owie if you touch it". Might have to learn just how big all by himself.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our kids have all seen one of the animals or a dog get shocked and know to respect the fence. In fact, they are a little terrified of it and keep their distance!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I thought that was all part of the fun of farm living... watching unsuspecting kids and animals get zapped... I mean isn't that how most kids learn? You tell 'em and tell 'em... then they go right ahead and do it anyway? Animals you can't tell 'em and they generally learn the hard way. In both cases, they generally learn pretty quick when they do so. Cowboy just has the inclination to protect any "little" thing, animal or child I guess. Still a great dog :)