Cowboy - It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've thought about two...but they're pretty pricey and honestly I'm not sure I want to deal with two of them! I know in some ways they would keep each other occupied, but then there's that puppy/pack mentality that kicks in.....yikes!

I think Maddie, my Pyr will be a good, steady influence on him, and I've also got Gracie (English Shepherd), who is just over a year old and very energetic. If the pup needs to burn off steam I think Gracie can help him in that aspect! She is perpetual motion.

However, Gracie will NOT go out to the pasture with us when I take the pup out. Gracie would 'work' the stock every minute of every day if I let her and that's exactly what I don't want the pup to learn.

Of course, everything is subject to change when the little fella comes home! We have to get to know each other a little and figure out his personality and style and give him a little time to grow. There's always the option to get another young'un later.

Now we've gotta come up with a name for him. I can't keep callin' him the 'little fella' forever. :idunno

Latest posts