Cowboy - It Doesn't Get Better Than This!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And the pigs lost out?? Seems the dogs are the pigs here!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pigs didn't lose out, lol. I had about 5 dozen boiled eggs for them to share.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
From all the silly chickens that Cowboy and Maddie guard. I usually sell a bunch at work, but we had three weeks off for Christmas...I won't sell anything but the freshest eggs so the ones that stacked up over the break finally went to the dogs/pigs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I busted out laughing when I read about Maddie humping Cowboy. I guess she put him in his place, which is the bottom of the egg food chain!!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went out to feed this morning and Cowboy wouldn't come out of the barn. He was laying up by the inside door of the barn that opens into the other part of the barn. I called him and he raised his head and looked at me, but still didn't get up. Scared the daylights out of me. I had to go around the other side of the barn because he was blocking the walk thru door. He was laying right beside his favorite girl...the one that he loved the most...and she had passed. I cried - but not because the goat had passed - it was her time. It was the look on his face broke my heart.

She was 13 and had slowed down this last year. But she never missed a meal - went out to pasture every day with the herd even though she was always the last one in. There was no clue yesterday to lead me to believe that she would be gone today. But, I guess Cowboy knew.

He didn't want me to move her - actually got between me and her and wouldn't move. There was no aggression in him - he just didn't want her to go. He followed as I loaded her up in the FEL and took her to her final resting place under a tree further out in the pasture.