Crazy storm!!!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight at around 8 pm my neighbor came knocking on the door telling me that his wife is 1 town over and there's a tornado...he wanted to tell me because he knows I don't have cable and didn't see the news.
It was a nice day...90 degrees and humid but seemed like normal summer weather!
After he left I went inside to look at the weather online. It said party cloudy and 80-some degrees.
No storm warning/watches at all! So I went outside and I saw it coming :ep
I had to get all of the outdoor rabbits and bring them to the indoor rabbitry, which was a nightmare!
The wind was blowing so hard that the tree tops were almost touching the ground and it sounded like a train! I was so freaked out because I've never been in a storm like that before.
I grabbed all the cages and ran as fast as I could with them all the way to the rabbitry and had to find room somewhere for all of them to go.
Then it started pouring and tree branches were falling all over the place (including on top of my car, which now has a broken windshield) then I saw one of the tallest trees crack and fall right on top of where the outdoor rabbits were, but I managed to get all of them inside just in time. That would've been awful to lose all my babies that way!
I managed to fall, hurt my back and get covered in mud, scrapes and bruises.

This storm ended with the most lightning I've ever seen followed by the loudest thunder I've ever heard!
Did anyone else in Middle Tennessee get hit by this monster?
Tomorrow i'll go out and inspect the damage :eek::rant

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on the rain & flooding in Ohio on another board.bad stuff up that way.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! :hugs
Super sore this morning but nothing a few aspirin won't fix ;)
I went out early today and there is a lot of damage on my property....entire trees down and huge branches all over the place. My shed is flattened and the back of the house is flooded.
I'll go down the street later to see what happened there. I saw that a tree fell on of my neighbor's house.
I moved all the rabbits back outside, in a new place of course. Where trees can't fall on them!
I'll have to have someone come and chop up all the wood on the downed trees and take it away...I don't have the equipment do that myself.
The rabbits look fine this morning, like nothing ever happened....happy to see me and munching on their hay.
I think the worst thing was that I had no idea that storm was coming. One of neighbors has a storm shelter and he said he'd call me if he knew of a tornado or a bad storm and I can use his shelter....but I talked to him today and he didn't know that storm was coming either. If it weren't for my neighbor coming over and telling me about the storm, I wouldn't have gotten to my rabbits in time!
I saw that Nashville had tornado warnings last night and it gave a list of counties that would be affected and my county was NOT there! I'm almost 2 hours from Nashville, so the storm must have been huge!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds horrendous. Glad you got off fairly lightly.

We have thunderstorms forecast next week, but I don't think they will anything like as bad as yours.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still have no clue what this storm was!
I have a feeling it was a tornado in the next town over and I got hit by the outside of it. I did see on the news today that Missouri got hit by some tornadoes last night and there was a storm system moving down to Tenn. but it wasn't supposed to make it as far as it did :idunno
I'm just glad it wasn't much worse...I know it could've been!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
A read something strange last night when I was going through an old almanac book.
I was reading it a few months back and remember seeing how to tell how far away a storm is and I wanted to do that last night after the storm was leaving.
I read that when the Summer Solstice comes within 7 days of a full moon, there will be violent storms!
The full moon was on the 18th...coincidence or is it true? :eek:

Latest posts