Crazy storm!!!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we had some really nasty storms. Hail the size of my fist! It was insane and thankfully after a few minutes the hail was softball then golf ball size. It lasted some time and the wind was really bad. We've had a few bad ones since then but nothing compared to the hail storm.
That's crazy!! I've never seen hail before...until today. We had 1/2 inch hail so it was really nothing...That must've been scary having hail that huge :eek:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad you were able to get the critters into a safe area. Hope your back heals up without issue. Back pain is the worst.
Thanks, I was hoping it'd get a little better but i'm going to the dr. tomorrow...it's getting worse and it's a weird pain...I just want to be sure it's alright.

Last edited:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Correlation does not equal causation...
Ha ha....those of us who are of a, what can I call it(?).....more mystical persuasion, can convince ourselves of just about any 'fact' (call it Old Wives' Tale if you will) by the phrase "Absence of proof is not proof of absence".

I don't have cable tv but I found out that accuweather has a thing where you can put in your street address
Me neither, Amberlops, 'cos nobody will lay cables to 'the Sticks'...but we do have satellite TV (as no terrestrial signal available , either.). Sky won't provide our internet, though, so we have the worst speeds in the country...often won't load internet at all. But, I digress. I also use Accuweather and find it to be a pretty good forecasting site.
I decided i'm going to the dr. tomorrow for my back. That fall was just a lot worse than i thought :\
Amazing what adrenaline can do...this morning i could barely pick up some of those rabbit cages that i was running with last night :lol:
Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. I hope that it settles soon.It is amazing what the catecholamines can enable us to do in times of crisis....thankfully!

It was insane and thankfully after a few minutes the hail was softball then golf ball size
That must have done some damage. I hope that your car windscreens etc were safe!

Keep safe from those electric storms!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ha ha....those of us who are of a, what can I call it(?).....more mystical persuasion, can convince ourselves of just about any 'fact' (call it Old Wives' Tale if you will) by the phrase "Absence of proof is not proof of absence".
I guess that's one way to put it.
I haven't been attacked by anything since I got a calico cat, therefore the cat has kept me safe.
uhh bonjour[URL="http://"][/url]

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you made it ok through the storm last night.

We use Arnicare for sore muscles, arthritis, bruises and whatever hurts. Pain is gone in minutes and lasts 4 hours. Hope your back is nothing serious. You can get Arnicare at Walmart or Amazon. It’s good stuff.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm. Apparently, MSN doesn't like my ad blocker.:\

Sorry to hear you hurt your back @AmberLops, but glad to hear you are otherwise safe and sound. I watched those storms march across the radar image through South Carolina; we barely got sprinkled on here. At the moment, I'm kinda on the fence as to whether I'd prefer to get "severe stormed" or continue in the moderate drought conditions that we have currently. We have trees dying left and right here. Last year's record-smashing rainfall (plus, y'know, Florence) damaged root systems, and they just can't deal with this year's dryness. Of course, several inches of rain in an hour wouldn't do much good; 99% would just run off when it's this dry. You can order just about anything on the internet these days; too bad there isn't a webweather site where you can have a nice, gentle rain shower delivered to your yard. Irrigation systems are all very well (assuming your community isn't doing mandatory water restriction), but nothing works like a summer shower - it's almost like magic.

Mentioning the internet, I'm sure you know that there are apps that you can put on your phone that will notify you when an alert is posted (I was in a restaurant one time when an Amber Alert caused at least a dozen patrons' phones to go off, and not simultaneously. So much for ambiance.). Of course, how helpful an app is relies on: 1) that you have a signal, and 2) an alert/warning actually gets issued. We've had tornadoes pop up so quickly, there simply wasn't time for official warnings before there was one on the ground, and as you've seen, wind doesn't have to rotate to cause havoc. Severe storm warnings cover larger areas and time periods than tornado warnings do, of course, and don't seem to get taken quite as seriously.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
The storm wasn't too bad last night, just a regular thunderstorm :bow

@Bunnylady I know a drought can be rough too....and rain can do amazing things!
I was having to water the garden 2 or more times a day for the past 2 weeks...I was happy to see rain in the forecast but not this storm! When I lived in PA, my town had water restrictions all summer and it was awful!
As for the apps, I don't have a cell phone. I gave it up because it doesn't work at my house anyway and the only place I could use it was at work...and I didn't need to use it at work ha ha.

@Baymule Thank you! I'll have to use that. I used to have that stuff all the time but when I moved here I completely forgot it...i'll have to go to Walmart and get some today.

@Sheepshape i'm with you...I've always been into mystical things...folklore and wives tales ;)

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are from North Central Ohio and boy did it rain got 6 inches in about 24 hrs last Sunday. About 50% of the crops didn't and won't make it in. And about the same for 1st cutting hay. Corn is up from 3 a bushel to 5 something already. It's has been and is going to be a wet summer. Some of the old folks said it happens every 25 years