Crazy weather

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've been pretty lucky here in NC with very mild weather this year! We have had a few cold snaps, but so far it's been a great winter! Not much rain and WARM!
Like T-shirt weather.

It's been in the 70's the last few days.
I've been hearing FROGS chirping at night!
In FEBRUARY!

We are supposed to get Thunderstorms tonight too.

I love This NC weather!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's fifty in town and up in the mountains roads are closed because of weather, talk about another strange thing...

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was 78° here today, and suppose to be in the low 30s to hi 20s here tonite. Suppose to be back in the 70s for highs this wknd....certainly is Crazy....dogwoods are pushing blooms and leaf buds here already. ;)....posted some pics on my journal page.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have daffodils in bloom and my apricot tree is showing pink. Our temps have been 1° over normal for the highs and 1° below normal for the lows. But the RAIN...and it is at it again. At least our mountains are getting the snow for spring runoff that gets our farmers through the summer. But the reservoirs are almost at capacity already and the snow melt is still 2 months away. How to erase a drought in one year...

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our daffodils aren't in bloom yet, but they are getting close! The roses have a fair amount of leaves and if the weather holds steady, they will bloom soon!

Of course early this week we had sleet, then warmed up into the 60's that same day! @CntryBoy777 we are getting that same cold snap! :mad:
Oh well, can't complain to much!

Just heard some thunder rumble :D

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll take an 84° We are supposed to see sun and 65 this weekend and I am thrilled.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was 90 here. Supposed to go back down this weekend. I'm tempted to shave the girls down, but as soon as I do it'll freeze.