Critter Van shopping!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH found this van...
There's another, used, 70k miles, 8k less, white(*gag*) w/shelves installed. He thinks this new one is better, cus its new & no miles.

Gonna go see it.

I hope I can get it!!
:fl:fl:fl
:weee
12.jpg1.jpg

Wish with me!
You know you wanna see me convert it into a sheep/horse/alpaca van!!!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looked at the used van, too.
It has rear windows, which is nice for me to be able to see behind me. But need to buy & install grids. It comes with shelves, which I'll resell. Seem to cost around 800-1k for both new, probably won't get anywhere near that. It also comes with a divider from front seats to rear area. Those are 350-800 each. The rear space is about a foot smaller than the black one.
6.jpg25.jpg3.jpg

Going back tomorrow to test drive them.

Last edited:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looked at the used van, too.
It has rear windows, which is nice for me to be able to see behind me. But need to buy & install grids. It comes with shelves, which I'll resell. Seem to cost around 800-1k for both new, probably won't get anywhere near that. It also comes with a divider from front seats to rear area. Those are 350-800 each. The rear space is about a foot smaller than the black one.
View attachment 68373View attachment 68374View attachment 68375

Going back tomorrow to test drive them.
Where are they originally from? Look for rust. Look under the enti car...take cardboard and look...hard! My hubby builds vehi from a frame...everything from a corvette to lifted trucks, classic trucks, etc. we know how to buy used. You have to look at the structure. Look for rust in the rocker panels..where your foot steps in and out. You are in Va so the snow isn’t as bad..but if they aren’t from there...you need to know. Cars driven in winters in the north get tons of the rock salt on them that rust them fast! If you can, buying cars from the south or out west is best...less to little rust. Look at the tire tread...you can usually knock money off for tires...if they look unevenly worn...they’ll need replaced...ask how often they changed the oil..do they keep track? What type of gas did they use..the cheapest? I know these seem like a lot of goofy questions, but honestly, my hubby has made a lot, a lot of money buying and selling cars...and I’ve picked up a lot watching. Good luck!! :)

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where are they originally from? Look for rust. Look under the enti car...take cardboard and look...hard! My hubby builds vehi from a frame...everything from a corvette to lifted trucks, classic trucks, etc. we know how to buy used. You have to look at the structure. Look for rust in the rocker panels..where your foot steps in and out. You are in Va so the snow isn’t as bad..but if they aren’t from there...you need to know. Cars driven in winters in the north get tons of the rock salt on them that rust them fast! If you can, buying cars from the south or out west is best...less to little rust. Look at the tire tread...you can usually knock money off for tires...if they look unevenly worn...they’ll need replaced...ask how often they changed the oil..do they keep track? What type of gas did they use..the cheapest? I know these seem like a lot of goofy questions, but honestly, my hubby has made a lot, a lot of money buying and selling cars...and I’ve picked up a lot watching. Good luck!! :)

Certified used from a large dealer.
Black is brand new. White is used 70k miles. Not sure where from.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Certified used from a large dealer.
Black is brand new. White is used 70k miles. Not sure where from.
Ok, remember, dealers want to sell, sell, sell...they probably won’t be as easy to ask/ answer questions...but..you’re the customer, so..my hubby would still ask...the used ones definitely come from different areas at times...and it won’t be as easy to get the info about upkeep about that out unless they got it and kept it from previous owner...but, it won’t hurt to ask. And...from a dealer..you can have more wiggle room on the price...like those shelves...why can’t they just keep them and knock money off and save you the hassle? Try not to show that you like a vehicle...lol..it’s GP hard..I know..I’m the one that jumps the gun every time!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Washed, vacuumed, reinstalled passenger seat, removed seat covers and...

Misplaced my car's title...

So, not trading it in.
Will get new one from DMV and then go to carmax to sell it.