Crooked leg?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
some animals have more trouble absorbing vitamins that others.... can be a genetic thing... or because her rumen didn't develop as well as it could have.... or because of a higher worm load.

remember with the worms... some goats just naturally run higher loads than others. .. even on the same pasture... that is the reason for the Kiko craze.
Very true! A friend’s alpine doe always had a 500EPG count. Just her norm. The others would be significantly lower, this doe just always had a higher count. We have observed the same in our herd, just not that extreme though.

We have a lamancha that had a harder time utilizing feed/minerals/etc. She also had the most sensitive digestive system ever! A bad batch of chaff haye gave her a horrible gut infection, almost killed her and another doe. Killed two of our bucks. It took whopping doses of antibiotics to kick it. I think that gut infection really damaged her. She just doesn’t keep the weight as well as she should.

I loved our kikos. They are very hardy.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
it is interesting. My baby sister has a large herd, and she has one doe that picks up every worm in the world.... :eek: The rest of the herd is fine. ... but THAT doe... nope.