Dangerous day at the farm front

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey, I say your only as old as you feel........I take care of a 93 year old woman, who is mainly in a wheelchair but can walk a little. She lives life to the fullest........ Like we should all live.
Some days, I feel 90, some days I feel 20.......but hey, every day I wake up is another day I'm alive, no matter what age or how many greys I have.

Ibicella

Just born
Reaction score
Man, you gave me a rush just reading that!

I've never dealt with bulls, but when I was a kid I used to work on a farm as a general ranch hand. They had several cows, and one night was coming across a pasture I didn't realize they had let the black angus cow in and it was already dark out.

I walked right into the cow.

And then I ran for the fence like Forrest Gump with an angry heifer surprised out of a sound sleep after me.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Great post and a good reminder to all how dangerous our four legged beasts can be. As a kid I used to check any new borns to see if it was a bull or heifer and on one occasion the normally very friendly holstein cow came at full tilt snorting and head down while I'm bent over lifting the calf's leg up checking for tackle. As luck had it I rolled underneath the fence after the first blow so survived to tell the tale. Its many years ago but her name was Lark and it was a bull calf and it seems like only yesterday. Always be careful out there