Day 36 And No Kits...

TheRabbitNewbee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
So I got a new doe about a week ago and she was supposed to give birth on thursday. She looks very much pregnant. Would the stress from the move cause her to give birth later or do you think she just didn't get pregnant? The breeder i got her from said she bred her morning and night and let them "go at it" for a while to ensure she got pregnant. What do you guys think?

Edit: she was a proven doe so there is no way she is infertile. i saw the litter she had that was just weaned when i went to get her, and there were 7 healthy kits.

Last edited:

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
I dislike the idea of moving any pregnant does due to un necessary stress on them but I'd say it's a good chance if she's acted stressed out at all. And then another thing would be possibly she's just late. I've had some go extra late . And then she could have gained weight if she's on a different food. Many options.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just cause she accepted the buck doesn't mean she got pregnant. I would Rebreed if no bunnies by Thursday.

TheRabbitNewbee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
ok, thanks to all! i guess ill wait till thursday and if she has not kindled ill rebreed.