Dead rabbit

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Last November, one of my bunnies got mites. After a year of treatment, she finally died a couple days ago. I have never heard of mites holding out like that, especially without any other rabbits becoming infected. She even shared a hutch with another rabbit, who does not have a single mite on her.
IMG_2759.JPG

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The mites might not have been what did her in. Mites seem to take hold in animalsnthat are already weakened in different ways - that’s possibly why the other rabbit was not affected. I am sorry you lost her!

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think she had a genetic weakness or something like that. She was always a little skinny, no matter how much i let her eat, and she was VERY high strung. I also have 6 other rabbits, none of which were affected.
Panda ( black and white blob in the back) has a new friend now! I've heard of rabbits getting depressed after their buddy dies, so i got a nz/cali mix named Maisy to bond with her.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yeah. She did not really seem to want to move around. She would just sit in her nestbox, eat, then go back. She plays a lot more now with the other bunny there.

Latest posts