Dehydrator

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still keep mine in the original box. The price sticker is still on it, $64.95 and it was made in the USA. I ran 50 pounds of Wilbur through it tonight. I'll make stuffed sausage tomorrow, DH is going to smoke it.

They really do work great, our friend has a "new" meat grinder and it struggles a lot with venison and pork. I have yet to try venison but DH has a deer hanging so we shall see.

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
I traded my dehydrator in for a freeze dryer. Allows me to keep everything (meet, eggs, fruits, veggies) on the shelf without freezers or refrigirators. Plus the product does not discolor or lose its shape/texture.

@Baymule, glad you still are putting Wilbur to good use! Not to highjack this thread, but what are feeder pigs going for near you? I can not find one for under $85. If I ever get any, I am using your model to raise them!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I traded my dehydrator in for a freeze dryer. Allows me to keep everything (meet, eggs, fruits, veggies) on the shelf without freezers or refrigirators. Plus the product does not discolor or lose its shape/texture.

@Baymule, glad you still are putting Wilbur to good use! Not to highjack this thread, but what are feeder pigs going for near you? I can not find one for under $85. If I ever get any, I am using your model to raise them!
Feeder pigs are on Craigslist right now for $40, $50 or $60. I am seeing a lot of Hampshires, those are blocks of meat on short legs LOL. But I favor the heritage breeds. I like the fat marbling in the meat. Raising a couple of feeder pigs is a good experience and puts good quality meat in the freezer. I love my Pig Palace!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score

With blanching I've not had a problem with losing shape or texture much, everything I have done dehydrates to 90% of cooked state. You can dehydrate eggs....I have not been brave enough yet though :lol: Cooked meat works too, no issues.

Latest posts