Dejavoodoo114 Kidding Thread - Breeding Time!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Still no final results from UT on Pecan's necropsy. They said it could take a few weeks... Found out she had Cocci as well. This surprised me as I was sure Cocci caused diarrhea.. Even my professors said so... BUT apparently, it causes diarrhea in kids but not usually in adults... How did I not know this? Or did I and just forgot? Even if that is what caused the problem she still had a good BCS. I did fecals and only found cocci in one goat, a newer friends goat, that is on the other side of the property from our girls. Oh well.... I will wait for the report.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was it a high cocci load?
It doesn't always cause scours in kids either. I've seen more kids die from cocci without scours than the ones that do. Thankfully we haven't lost any kids to cocci, but I know many who have. :(

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The only kids I have lost from cocci had scours. I am not sure how high the load was. I wont know until the necropsy results are finalized. But I have treated everyone just in case. That is what UT suggested at this time.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
On another note, we have moved our last 3 pregnant does to our kidding stall. I am supposed to be working on setting up the camera not updating BYH but.... :D

Picture time!
Chloe is the huge one laying under the hay! Her doe from last summer is next to her, Darina. Then Dunfhlaith is the brown 2 year old on the right. Vulcan is the new Boz sitting in the middle.
20170308_180651.jpg

This is Chloe's udder 2 weeks ago when these pictures were taken.
20170308_180912.jpg

The is Corley, Chloe's daughter.
20170312_124025.jpg

Hiding in the back on the left is Darina, Chloe's daughter from 2016. Then Chloe, then her 2015 doe Corley. Then Dunfhlaith and on the far right is Iris who kidded one doeling.
20170312_124827.jpg

20170312_124843.jpg

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The last few of those pictures are from this past weekend. We moved Iris from the kidding stall to the barn and moved Chloe, Corley, and Dunfhlaith to the kidding stall. The kidding stall is in our chick coop which was built off the back of our garage. This is the only stall where we have electricity and so can have the warming barrel.

Dunfhlaith is Brown. Chloe has the red collar and Corley has the purple collar. Iris's doeling is in the background in the warming barrel.

20170312_150959.jpg

20170312_151028.jpg

20170312_151042.jpg

20170312_233854.jpg

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And now pics of Iris's doeling. She is such a cutie!!! These pictures are from today. I went out to check on all my girls and she was just acting so pathetic I decided she could come in the house with me for a bit and I would give her lunch in the house. Then heading toward the house I saw Kimber had gotten out of the pasture again. :he Actually, she was staying when the girls where in there. Then we moved the girls to the barn and she kept going to the barn. Now the girls are in the garage and Kimber is hanging out at the house.... Anyway, I figured since I was spoiling the doeling I would spoil Kimber as well.:duc So they both got to come in the house. The doeling was startled at first but got over Kimber's size fairly quickly! Then she decided that while Kimber napped on the tile, she was going to nap in my lap. lol!

20170314_150005.jpg

20170314_150010.jpg

20170314_150057.jpg

20170314_150127.jpg

20170314_152142.jpg

She was not at ALL happy when I told her she had to go back to the stall so I could go pick up my boys from school!! I think she would have been happy to sit in my lap in the car to go pick them up. lol

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Now the hard part. I really want the three girls to kid during my Spring Break so I don't have to worry about it next week when I am back at school. So naturally, they will all wait until next week Thursday, the night before my Repro exam... I better get to studying! :lol:

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Adorable babies!! Hope your others kid before you go back to school! I'm sorry about Pecan. She was a beauty. :hugs

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And such an easy keeper!! That is why I am waiting for the necropsy results. Her death was a big surprise.

Also, Sunday I put my new (and first) disbudding iron to use! I bought the X30. When I told my husband that the doeling needed to be disbudded, that it was time, he gave the "I'm not saying anything so there isn't an argument but I am NOT happy" look. :lol::lol::lol: So I let him practice holding her still while shaving. I was trying to be patient and explain that if he let her move while I was burning her bad things would happen. He kept letting her move. SO.... I let them both have a break while heating the iron. We had a bit of a heart to heart about how CRITICAL it was to not let her move!!! He continued to stare at me blankly. Now, I am used to that look from our kids. Not really used to it from him!! :gig He does not like hurting animals at all! He wants them disbudded but helping me do it... (I insist he helps with castrating as well... Whole other story... hahahaha)

So, the worst part was his worry. He did not let her move at all while I was burning her! It was fast and easy and she was done. After DH kind of rolled his shoulders, deep breath, and almost smiled. There wont be any problems from now on! Thank goodness I didn't screw up or he would not be okay helping me with the rest! :p