Dejavoodoo114 Kidding Thread - Breeding Time!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, things have been busy for me and I haven't had a chance to show you all the adorable kids we have added to our herd!

Chloe kidded March 24th! Thankfully NOT in the morning during my Repro exam but in the afternoon during my Genetics lecture. I texted DH and asked him where he was, would he go home and check on them etc... (he doesn't work Fridays). He said he was on the 3rd hole.. Yes, my DH is awesome. He finished the 3rd hole and went home to take care of the kids! Chloe was ignoring one of them completely. So, 2 new does!! :weee The one she had ignored did take a bit of extra attention but they are both doing great now! This is the first time Chloe gave us something that wasn't black and white and moon spots but I am happy anyway!
This is Meegan with Kimber (Boz LGD)
20170324_212316.jpg

This is Miach with Smith (useless for anything but nanny Pyr LGD)
20170328_141023.jpg

Just a few days old
20170328_141126.jpg

This was taken Sunday when we took all the kids into the front to play.
20170402_161840.jpg

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had hoped for time earlier to post pics of Corley's kids. Oh well, better late than never! Both Corley and her dam Chloe kidded on a Friday. I got home after class, went to look in the backyard (yes, the milkers and the one doe still due were in the backyard...) and OH! Two little kids being cleaned by our just turned 10 month old Boz Kimber. I had planned for her to be moved back into the kidding pen but...:hu So, I tell DH there are two kids on the back porch (we both just got home, me from school him from picking up boys) and he is shocked. He had checked on them just 25 min before when he left and nothing. :gig

I have to admit I had not wanted Kimber(LGD) in at that time without supervision. She chased off the other goats but I didn't know and couldn't tell if she had chased off Corley... I am glad she was so protective and caring of them, not happy if she is chasing mom away. That could be a problem if we miss a due date and they kid in the pasture.

Anyway! We now have a pretty little doeling and a gorgeous buckling! Too bad the deal is that they have to be sold!:hitI am losing all my spots. Ah well, such is life!

Here they are when I found them on the back porch.
20170331_163927.jpg

Here they are an hour later in the house sharing the heat lamp with chicks.
20170331_171055.jpg

The doe, Saraid, does not have the frosted ears. She has some white and otherwise is black with moon spots. This is at a day old so Saturday.
20170401_104031.jpg

This is her on Sunday outside in the sun!
20170402_155945.jpg

20170402_160001.jpg

And this is her brother Eiltin at one day.
20170401_104303.jpg

And Eiltin out in the sun at 2 days old.
20170402_160128.jpg

20170402_160144.jpg

We tried putting them in with the other kids but the other kids wont let them in the warming barrel. So they are back in the house tonight sharing the heat lamp with our most recent batch of chicks while the others have been moved to the chick coop. :idunno This is ridiculous. We don't even have a pen for them anymore! They will be so spoiled! :hide:lol:

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! I love the doeling too. But really love that buck's coloring! They are all doing great. It was nice to get so many does after losing that kid from Dunfhlaith that we really wanted.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Monday night we disbudded Shamu, who we purchased, and both of Chloe's girls, Meegan and Miach. After they were done my 2 DS's and I were hanging out in the garage watching the babies and waiting for the iron to cool. Somehow we ended up talking about my crutches and I. DS1 decided he was going to put rockets on my crutches so I can fly around campus instead of crutching...:lol: I explained that I would have a hard time controlling them so, after more deliberation between the 3 of us he decided he would build me a rocket pack and the controls would be on the crutches. Then they decided I had to use an xbox controller to control it so they are going to put magnets on the rocket pack to hold my crutches while flying. :gig

THEN we discussed how much weight that would be as I was walking around within the buildings and where would my books and such go? So they decided that they would build a hover craft for my backpack. By the end of the evening, the rocket pack was pushed to the side and the hover craft was more important. The less weight is much easier on my hips.

So, DS1 assures me he will build me a hovercraft to carry my backpack. He wants to put radar on it so that it will be able to maintain the right distance and height behind me. I wish I could understand all the complex things he wants to do with it but I am not electrically or technologically inclined.... I love my boys!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is a big day for the kids! We get to drive 2+ hours and meet some buyers! My van's radiator when from having a very small leak to having a rather large one today so that was fun! Luckily my DH was able to replace it this evening so we are still good to go. Meegan (brown doe), Miach (brown doe with frosted ears), Saraid (black and moon spots doe), Eiltin (black buck with moon spots and frosted ears), and Darina (who is Meegan and Miach's full sister from last year) all will be going to new homes tomorrow. We tattooed everyone tonight and my "farm hand" got to experience that joy of having goats as well! I also have an older doe that is sold and am hoping some more of my does can be sold. My grades don't really care for having so many goats!!

I will be sure to get pictures so you can see how they have grown. So beautiful!

Latest posts