Desperately Seeking Butcher/Meat Processor

WorthItFarms

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We are DESPERATELY seeking a custom meat processor or butcher with 300 miles of Decatur, AL. We need them to process our ducks & rabbits. We've tried Google searches, the Yellow Pages, and pleading on Craigslist. Much to our dismay, we still haven't found one. If ANYONE can offer any help, we'd greatly appreciate it. I'm going to try the county extension agent next, but if anyone has any other ideas let us know. We'd be willing to drive them along I-85, I-75, or I-65 just to get them processed, even if it's more than 300 miles away.

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
have you tried looking up deer processors in your area? they might know someone, or do this kind of thing.

also your state fish and game dept may have a listing of "custom butchers"

or if you have any Amish folks nearby, they usually will do this kind processing for a very reasonable fee.

good luck!

KristyHall

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
This is late, but I live near decatur. There is the memonites near hartselle, and the amish in southern TN. I think there are others but I'll have to ask around. I haven't reached the stage where I need someone outside my property to butcher my meat.

HB Sheep & Goat Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
THIS POST IS EXTREMELY LATE and im sorry but for future reference there is a butcher in falkville alabama ran by some minnonites called weaver meat processing. google it and youll get the phone #

Latest posts