Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's supposed to be much cooler in the morning. Although, we have forecasted thunderstorms tomorrow. Starting Monday, no chance of rain. But, temps start to go back up and the humidity continues. :eek:

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Double UGH!!! My thermometer tells me it is 110°...again. At least we don't have the humidity.

I never add salt to my chevre, I can do without salt but I am a sugar addict...but I don't add that either. :) I do make Feta though and it goes into a heavy salt brine for storage. I love Feta cheese.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
My kind of weather. I spent Wed clearing & piling 800' of yaupon entanglement from a fenceline with a chainsaw and my weedeater/brush cutter blade.
Took a break yesterday since it was raining from Cindy, but if the wind dies down tonight and tomorrow, I'll pour 5-10 gallons of diesel on it and burn all that crap.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do 'have it' This is Texas and I was born here. This attitude and ability to overcome adversity is what built this state (and this nation).
If I let a little heat and humidity deter me, I would never have built what I have.
It's always going to be too hot, or too cold, or too wet, or too dry, or too windy or too many bugs or too muddy, or too 'something'.
If my cattle can stand it, so can I.