Devonviolet Acres

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why DV?....just why do ya always have to give so much "Food for Thought"? I've been on some sort of statin since the 1st heart attack in 2005....they have been changed several times over the yrs and am on Pravastatin now. I've had no adverse effect from any of them, or noticed effects. I used to take CoQ10, but quit taking it yrs ago....I get really tired of taking pills, vitamins and such. I do take 3 fish oil capsules each day for cholesterol. I agree with ya about hospitals and won't be back in one, except for a broke bone or something of that nature. Guess I will have to check this out, tho and mull it over a bit. Thanks for the awareness of the issue....:)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I started a diet a few weeks ago after deciding that I can't preach at DH and not walk the talk. All my lab results are always great in spite of the 50 extra lbs. but I want to keep them that way. I lost 60 lbs a few years back on Medifast, unfortunately I found 50 of them again. :( So this one isn't a strict as Medifast, I get to eat normal food. It is called GoLo. There a "supplement" I get to take but I wouldn't have to, just figured it might actually help. So far I have lost 8 lbs in two weeks with one birthday celebration (dinner AND cake) in between. I am sure it won't stay at this rate but whatever I lose is better than gaining. No ice cream, no Starbucks...those are the hardest. And yes, I do drink diet soda, in spite of the stuff being bad for me...have to have some vices. Being home alone all week makes it easy to stay on a diet, weekends are tough because DH likes to cook but I am going to be a good example and stay strong. I hope.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I started a diet a few weeks ago after deciding that I can't preach at DH and not walk the talk. All my lab results are always great
Good for you! :thumbsup you have a good point about walking the talk!

As far as diet soda goes, I'd rather see you drink half & half sweet tea, than diet soda! The beauty of doing that is you gradually add more unsweet and less sweet, and you can eventually drink all unsweet or even water with lemon or cucumber & basil (YUM!)

If you knew just how bad it is for you, you might reconsider. One of the many problems with it is (I personally believe) that they add chemicals that make it addictive. Years ago, before I realized how toxic soda is, I was drinking regular Coke. No diet for me, due to migraines. :thAnyway, I decided I wasn't going to drink it anymore, to save calories. Very quickly I realized I couldn't stop! I kept craving a Coke, and was drinking at least 3 a day. :confused: Eventually, I was able to titrate myself off it, a little at a time. Never to return to drinking soda again!!!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the shoe cabinet put together today.
0922171524.jpg
0922171524a.jpg
0922171525.jpg

We're very happy with how it turned out! :celebrate

Then, this morning, when DH was cutting browse, for the animals, he found some Passion Vine, in the field next to us. So, this afternoon, he went out and picked some Passion Fruit. When he brought it in, I cut some of the yellow one open, so we could taste them.
0922171300~2.jpg

They tasted like a cross between cucumber and melon.

I was starting to think it would be cool if he went out and picked some more. But then, both of us started noticing an itching in our throats. So, we decided we didn't want to eat any more of them. :eek:

So, DH cut them up & took them out to the chickens & ducks. They were very happy to gobble them up! :drool

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It really looks nice and fits the decor very well. That had to be a "Shock" to the old taste buds....cucumber melon...hmmm, might as well give it to something that could enjoy it better.......:)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not a tea drinker at all. Not hot, not cold, not plain, not sweet...I would not drink it on a train, I would not drink it on a plane, I would not drink it on a boat, and I would not drink it with a goat. :lol: I don't drink as many sodas as I used to and I did give them up for about 6 months to see if it helped my arthritis...it didn't. I drink maybe one or two a week, just depends. It is diet Dr. Pepper...not just any old soda. ;) I have been drinking diet ones since I was in college, before that it was the real deal. I do drink a lot of water in the summer.