Devonviolet Acres

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, I spoke to my brother, who lives in the Paradise, CA area, where they have had more forest fires. He and his wife were driving to Sacramento, to find a hotel room, because their house totally burned down. :hit He has insurance, but that will never replace the family heirlooms. My heart relly breaks for thm. However, my brother is a survivor, so I know he will be fine, in the end.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, I spoke to my brother, who lives in the Paradise, CA area, where they have had more forest fires. He and his wife were driving to Sacramento, to find a hotel room, because their house totally burned down. :hit He has insurance, but that will never replace the family heirlooms. My heart relly breaks for thm. However, my brother is a survivor, so I know he will be fine, in the end.
So sorry for his loss:(

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words. My brother and his wife were on their way back from visiting one of my sisters, who lives in Southern California, and who is dying from cancer. :( So, fortunately they were not home when the fire got to their development.

My other sister lost her apartment three weeks ago, due to fire. My family is falling apart. I’m the only one who is not having problems. o_O

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of the various losses & illness in your family. :hugs Even though it is not your own loss/displacement, it surely creates stress for you. At least your brother was insured. I hope your sister was, also. Sadly, unreplaceables are the heart of so many of these disasters.

So many huge disasters this year. There are a lot of people "homeless", in the sense of tragic loss of their homes. There is no answer that is acceptable, we can't turn it back to "didn't happen".